"eighteen"

❛ wolf's bane. ❜

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧?" Stiles demanded once the class that he and Billie were in had settled down

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧?" Stiles demanded once the class that he and Billie were in had settled down. After the aftermath of Elijah being kidnapped and the threat to the Argents, over the last few days, the vampire had been keeping a low profile - which meant missing school.

She hadn't heard from Rebekah yet which had feared her tremendously, and the multiple missed calls from Stiles, Lydia and even one from Scott made the girl want to pull her hair out in frustration. Billie had missed the whole full moon dilemma with Scott kissing Lydia, Jackson reacting to his scratch, and even helping Derek Hale escape from the cops.

But the redhead didn't care as all she wanted was for her father to be safe. So, after a few days of feeling sorry for herself was when she decided to return to school, which currently led her to roughly explain her absence to the human boy after she had tried to avoid him for most of the day.

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, my father had to relocate back to New Orleans and, well, I haven't been dealing with it well. Anyway, what have I missed?" Billie cooly spoke out as she began to note down what the teacher was writing on the blackboard.

"Well, for starters, Jackson knows about Scott being a werewolf, Derek is on the - wait, why didn't you tell me you were struggling?" Stiles suddenly stopped himself from whispering once he realised what the girl next to him had said. Billie's heart melted slightly at the boy's concern, and she was going to reply with some witty comeback which would hopefully get the teen to stop asking questions, but luckily the bell to the end of the day had rung which quickly led the girl to grab her bag and begin to descend the room.

"Wait, Bill!" The human continued as he chased the girl slightly down the hallway. It did make Billie sigh in annoyance slightly as even though she appreciated the boy's concern, all she wanted to do was get home and take a nap.

"Why don't you come back to my place? We can be alone together?"

The redhead decided to not argue with the one person who she truly enjoyed hanging out with at the moment, and with a swift nod, soon enough the two were walking into the teen boy's messy bedroom - both utterly oblivious to the fact that Derek Hale stood just behind them. Billie had dumped her handbag on the foot of the boy's bed before falling backwards with a sigh.

Her phone had been going off constantly for the last half an hour with calls from Lydia, and even though the girl saw the strawberry blonde as a close friend, she just wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone other than Stiles. This prompted her to turn off her phone, and even if she wanted to hear from Rebekah, she just needed a few hours of doing nothing before she had to go back to reality.

But this time relaxing didn't seem to last long as while she had blocked out the sounds of Stiles talking to his dad, once she opened her eyes once Noah had left, a scream was heard from Billie once she spotted Derek standing in the corner of the teen's bedroom.

"What the hell is - you know what I don't care at this point." Billie sighed before lying back down in her original spot on the teen's bed. The girl soon fell into a deep slumber that she desperately needed from being so mentally drained. She only woke up a few times, once when a boy called Danny entered the room, the next when Derek stood shirtless, and the last when Stiles gently shook her awake.

Billie was in too much of a sleep-induced haze to realise the boy had dragged her to his car and soon enough the two, plus Derek, had pulled up to Beacon Hills hospital. The two spoke on the phone to Scott for a few minutes, but Billie was too focused on the familiar scent which had invaded her scenes. It smelt like a Mikaelson decent but different - something was off. However, before the girl could voice her concerns, Derek suddenly bashed Stiles's head against the steering wheel and then pushed him out of the car.

"You know what that was for. Go." The Werewolf growled out before slumping back in the jeep. Billie was quick to follow the human into the hospital, but before she had fully stepped out of the car, she quickly turned to Derek and glared at him.

"If another strand of hair falls from his perfectly shaved head, you'll regret that our paths had ever crossed." The slam of the jeep's door was the last thing Billie did before walking into the strangely empty hospital.

Stiles was on the phone with Derek, but yet again, the redheaded teen was too interested in finding out where the familiar smell was coming from. The girl didn't have to wait long; however, as once the human had dragged her to an empty hospital room, two figures suddenly walked towards them.

"You must be Stiles. And I'm presuming you're Billie." The first person spoke up before stepping into the light. Billie recognised him as an Alpha straight away. But it wasn't the Hale she was focused on.

It was Marcellus Gerard who stood next to him. The two vampires had spent many decades together under the same roof, and even if they weren't the closest of friends, the sudden appearance of the man had disoriented the girl. This meant that once Derek had joined the group and a fight broke out, Billie didn't even realise that Stiles had dragged her to the floor as she was too focused on the man who was supposed to be a part of her family fighting alongside a man who had killed many innocent people.

Peter had soon enough dragged both Stiles and Derek off down the hallways which now left the duo of vampires. Billie still sat on the floor, and she couldn't help but flinch once Marcel reached out to help her up.

"It was you, in the video store, you've been helping the alpha all along, what, what are you doing!" Billie shouted once she had collected her jumbled thoughts and stood up on her own. Marcel sighed before stepping towards the girl, but Billie wouldn't have it as she stepped back immediately, which now meant that she was flush against the empty hospital hallway wall.

"You know what it's like to have the power taken away from you Billie. We were both once sad and desperate children too afraid to come out of the shadows... But then we got our first taste of blood, and everything changed." The man continued. The redhead didn't know why the man was telling her these things, but he soon carried on and explained.

"Back in New Orleans, I owned the French Quarter. But when Klaus came back and brought his siblings with him, I could feel the power slipping from my fingers."

"And once Elijah began to become interested in the werewolves who I owned, I needed to take him down. So yes, I partnered with the alpha to take down the whole Mikaelson family. And by that, I mean all of them - including you."

o. 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞.