"twenty"

❛ formality. ❜

"𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐤𝐚𝐡 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐩 𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞

"𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐤𝐚𝐡 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐩 𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐭."

This was the seventh voicemail Billie had left the woman that morning. After hearing Derek let out a blood-curdling howl the previous night, the vampire knew something was wrong, so she decided to call the only Mikaelson sibling who she currently had contact with.

However, the woman hadn't been answering her phone for the last few hours, which had left Billie feeling utterly useless and quite scared. So she did the only thing which would make her feel better - she went shopping. Unfortunately, Lydia had invited along Allison too, which now left the vampire standing behind the two on the escalator with a sour facial expression gracing her features.

The duo were talking about the hunter's bad mood that both redheads had picked up on rather quickly, but what made Billie slightly anxious was the disgusted and cruel looks Allison would give her every so often when Lydia wasn't looking.

"You could smile, at least. Ever heard of the saying, Never frown, someone could be falling in love with your smile? Smile, Allison. I'm buying you a dress." Lydia babbled on once the three of them had made their way to the floor of the mall where the prom dresses were. What made Billie look away from wondering why Allison was so annoyed with her was the sudden presence of the one and only Stiles Stilinski.

"I have to admit as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected, but not as much as I'm going to ask. You're going to cancel on whatever dumb, roided-up jock you said yes to, and you're going to go with somebody else." Allison smirked once she spotted the teen boy as well. Billie could tell Lydia was reluctant to ask who her friend was setting her up with out of revenge for her kissing Scott, but once the brunette had confirmed it was the Stilinski boy, Billie couldn't help but cringe at the unfortunate moment.

Stiles was at the fragrance section and had yet to see the trio of girls; this meant that him being the slight idiot he was, he sprayed the perfume he was smelling right into his face which then made him sneeze rather unattractively. The brunette girl out of the three seemed to notice Lydia's irritable facial expression, and as much as Billie didn't like the girl, what the hunter said did make her snort slightly.

"Oh, Don't frown, Lydia. Someone could be falling in love with your smile."

This then prompted the popular girl to quickly drag along her new 'date' around to carry around the girl's dresses. Billie did want to talk to Stiles about what she had heard last night as she had forgotten to text him about it, but as Lydia had already shoved around fifteen dresses into his arms and then dragged him to the dressing rooms - she knew it would have to wait.

This now left both Allison and Billie awkwardly standing there looking around for dresses for the formal. What frightened the girl slightly was as she was looking at a long red dress that was hanging up, a voice she recognised suddenly spoke up.

"That's not your colour," Peter spoke out as he stared at the hunter intently. Billie watched the rest of the exchange rather curiously. She knew the man wouldn't do anything stupid in such a crowded space, and once the intercom of the mall came on and announced that Allison's car was being towed, it now left the two supernatural beings alone.

"Now you, you know your colourings," The alpha stated as he walked over to the long dress which Billie was gently holding onto from where she stood. Again, this feeling of curiosity ran through the girl as the man walked over to her as she knew he was stronger than her, yet - she wasn't scared.

"I spoke to your friend the other night... Rebekah is it?" Peter suddenly changed the topic as he stood rather close to the girl. Billie was quiet at the mention of the girl she hadn't spoken to in a few days as it worried her slightly that he had gotten in contact with her when she couldn't herself.

"Thing is, she picked up Marcel's phone. The two seem to be getting rather cosy." The man continued. Billie growled under her breath at the thought of the blonde betraying her brother with the man who had kidnapped him.

"Why are you telling me this." The redhead demanded once she had calmed down and felt her fangs go back to normal.

"I have a proposition for you. You see Billie, we're both on the same team, some of us are just better at hiding it than others." The man continued before getting impossibly closer to the girl.

"That's why I want you to help me kill the Argent family, just like they did to mine, and in return, I will let your beloved Elijah go."

The redhead stared up at the man with a blank expression as she thought over the deal, but once she smelled the familiar scent of another werewolf in the mall - the one of Scott McCall - she was quick to reply to the man.

"Look at you. You're worse than vampires. You're worse than humans, yet you claim to be a God? Now why, would I, listen to a single word that exits that mouth of yours."

Peter looked down at the girl with a frown on his face as he was sure that the redhead was going to give in to his deal. But just as he was about to leave, Billie quickly grabbed his arm and mouthed out the words which changed his scowl into a sadistic smirk.

"I'm in."

o. 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝, 𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐝𝐨.