"twenty two"

❛ code breaker. ❜

𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞. Billie was now aware of that. She had never realised how much Lydia had meant to her until she looked at her lying in the hospital bed half-dead as the girl was truly one of her best friends next to Stiles.

The girl could make her laugh until she cried and was the first person to wholeheartedly accept the girl for who she was - apart from the whole vampire thing. Billie had yet to properly see the teen whom she had come to adore as only family were allowed in the small room. She hadn't even realise the few tears that ran down her face until she recognised the one voice she was desperate to hear.

"Billie!" Stiles almost shouted as he made his way down the white hallway. The vampire was quick to bring the boy into her arms, and the two hugged for what seemed like minutes even if it was a few seconds. But their embrace was soon interrupted by Stiles who began to pull Billie down the hospital hallways and unluckily for him; they were quickly stopped by no one other than Jackson Whittemore.

"Hey, where are you two going?" The jock questioned as he pulled the duo to a stop. It seemed like Stiles was more agitated with the other boy than usual as he quickly shoved Jackson's arm off the redhead's shoulder before standing in front of her slightly.

"To find Scott."

The boys soon fell into a fight about the fact that Stiles's car was still at school, but Billie didn't bother to listen as three men who she knew were hunters by their stench began to walk towards the three. Billie pulled on Stiles' arm in a way to get him to look up and notice Chris Argent, but the teen was in too much of a heated state to see, that was until the man spoke up.

"Boys. Billie. I was wondering if you can tell me where Scott McCall is." Stiles soon began to blurt out a random excuse for his best friend's disappearance which quickly made Billie rush past the hunters as she knew the human would distract them for a split second while she ran at inhuman speed.

Luckily, neither of the three men managed to grab the quick girl, and before they could even blink, Billie was already outside the Hale house where she had smelt out Scott. She didn't exactly know why Stiles wanted to find his best friend, and even if the girl wasn't on the best terms with the werewolf, knowing that the Argents were after him had left a sour taste in her mouth.

The burnt-down house stood tall above the girl who was alone, but that soon changed as suddenly an arrow whizzed past her and just missed her head by a few centimetres. Before the vampire could even react, another arrow plunged its way through the air, and unfortunately, Billie wasn't as lucky this time as it went straight into her abdomen.

The girl fell to her knees in pain at the sudden assault, but she quickly pulled the sharp object out of her stomach before looking up to see who had attacked her. Stood there looking all high and mighty were Allison and Kate Argent. The former of the two was reloading yet another arrow into the bow she had just plunged into the girl who had yet to get up off the floor from the attack. Kate sauntered over to the vampire who lay injured on the floor and quickly dragged the girl up by her neck against a nearby tree.

"You know, the legends tell you to be a cruel and ruthless killer. But all I see is a scared little girl." The woman laughed as she tightened her grip on the pale girl's neck.

"Tell me, Billie, why exactly did you think that you could kill us hunters? Especially the Argents." Kate continued as Allison made her way up to her, what the redhead didn't expect to see was a wooden stake sticking out the end of her bow. When the vampire didn't reply, Kate harshly pulled the girl's head to look at her instead of her niece who stood just behind her.

"I've run for so long... I just wanted to live. I spent every waking hour looking over my shoulder, peeking through my windows. Afraid that your family had found me. I just, I couldn't live like that anymore." Billie almost stuttered out as she began to feel lightheaded from the thought of dying at the hands of an Argent.

"Pain is inevitable Billie. At least you won't have to get used to it as this is the last time you'll be feeling it." It seemed like Allison was shocked at the revelation of her killing the vampire, and it seemed like Kate noticed this too as she quickly turned around and snapped the redhead's neck herself.

Billie Baroni was dead.

❛  code breaker pt. two. ❜

𝐎𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭.

Billie woke up with a fright, feeling both cold and sore. She sat up quickly from where she still lay on the ground, and she was quick to notice she was all alone again outside the Hale's old house. The vampire thought that she must've been dreaming that Kate had killed her, but the blood oozing from her neck suggested otherwise.

A loud bang that came from inside the burnt-down house prompted the girl to crack her neck back into place and head towards the sound as Billie was now out for revenge, not against the Argents, not against Allison, but Kate. Stood inside the large room were Peter, Allison and the one woman who Billie wouldn't look away from.

The werewolf's claws were millimetres away from the blonde woman's neck, but once Peter saw Billie walk in covered in blood, he soon pushed the woman to the floor and watched on with curiosity.

"You thought that you could kill me? Yeah no. Nice try though, Kate. Snapping my neck doesn't kill me; it just pisses me off. And I've been told I'm a real asshole when I'm pissed." Billie growled out as she grabbed the woman by her hair. Kate didn't even look scared as the vampire dragged her along the dirty floor and if it weren't for Allison's screaming, the girl would've completely forgotten that she wasn't alone.

"I am a goddamn Queen - a queen who bowed to no one, a queen who had faced them all down and triumphed. A queen who owned her body, her life, her destiny, and never apologised for it, and you think that you can kill me that easily. I'm the daughter of Elijah Mikaelson, and it's about damn time I show it." The vampire growled out as she pushed Kate up against the wall just like she had done to her.

And Billie did what vampires did best, she snapped the human's neck and drained every ounce of blood from the hunter's dead body. As she was doing this, however, this Billie had missed the whole ordeal of Peter being burnt alive, but she soon witnessed the end of it as once she stepped outside, she watched the werewolf go up in flames.

And for the first time, since she had been changed into a vampire, she felt free. Free from all the chaos, from the constant paranoia - Billie finally felt like her life was complete.

o. 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭.