"twenty four"

❛ midnight runs. ❜

"𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈'𝐦 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩

"𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈'𝐦 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩." Billie practically growled out as she was yet again, being dragged around by her teenage friend. The boy had dropped around her house unannounced only twenty minutes ago, and with a lot of shouting and groaning from the redhead, Stiles was able to drag Billie into his car and drive them both to school exceptionally early.

Billie had yet to tell him about Isaac and Derek, but whenever she tried to speak to the teen, he would promptly cut her off with his hyperactive mind and his theories as to where a still missing Lydia could be. This had started to frustrate the girl as she had learnt the hard way when she didn't tell her friends everything she knew, but once Stiles had quickly met up with Scott and ditched the girl, Billie's frustration turned to anger as she had no clue as to why she had to be dragged into school this early when the boys had lacrosse practice.

However, luckily the morning went by quickly for the teen, and before she knew it, she was sat next to the boy who had angered her in Mr Harris's class. Stiles had just caught up with the redhead on what Jackson had said about his ex-girlfriend, and just as Billie was about to tell the boy about the newly bitten werewolf of their town, the buzzcut-haired boy was onto his next conversation with his best friend who sat just in front of him.

"I swear to god, I'm going to kill you one-day Stilinski," The girl whispered under her breath as she went back to the pop quiz she was currently taking and she quickly decided that it was the boy's fault for not listening to her. And by the end of the day, Billie had utterly lost track of where her supernatural friends were, that included her family whom she hadn't seen or heard from since she had killed Kate.

But Elijah had always disappeared and reappeared when the girl most needed him, and even if it did stress the redhead out slightly that she hadn't heard from the Mikaelson family - she wasn't just going to give up on helping her friends to find them. This now lead her to walk through Beacon Hills reserve looking for her best friend.

Even though the search party wasn't until a few hours, Billie couldn't stand sitting at home while Lydia was walking around scared and naked as the sun began to set. A few hours into the vampire trying to smell out the girl's scent, the redhead began to give up slightly as she hadn't caught anything yet and the darkness of the night had overtaken the sky.

Billie kicked the tree stump that lay next to her in annoyance at the fact that she couldn't find her best friend but soon regretted it once her toe began to ache from the contact. What stopped the girl from cursing herself out was a low snap of a twig that came from just behind her, and without waiting to see what it was, the vampire sped around and tacked whatever was behind her with great force.

The thing - now below her - fell to the floor with a thud and a groan, and just as Billie was about to attack whatever was now underneath her, they decided to speak up.

"Woah, woah, woah Billie, it's me!" Isaac shrieked out as he tried to ignore the slight ache in his back that he had from the hard forest ground below him. The two stared at each other for a split second before the redhead stood up from where she straddled the newly bitten werewolf.

"What are you doing here? It's dangerous!" Billie commented once she watched Isaac stand up and shake off the mud from his jeans. The boy only looked to the floor sheepishly as Derek had said the same thing, but once he spotted the redhead walking into the woods after school, he had the urge to follow her as apart from the man who bit him - Billie was the only other 'friend' he had.

"Well?" The girl continued once she had analysed the cute boy's sheepish face for a few moments. But what stopped her from subtly checking out the new wolf was the loud sound of gunshots and shouting, something which neither of the two were going to stick around for which quickly led them both in the opposite direction.

"Where are we going?" Isaac questioned once the two had hit the sidewalk of Beacon Hills, and the light of the houses had started to come into their view.

"I'm walking you back home," Billie firmly stated as she strut down the street slightly in front of the boy. But what made her turn back was when she noticed the dark and almost sad look on the boy's face who had come to a halt from where he was walking.

"I, I can't go home," The teen sniffled slightly as he kicked his feet to the ground once again. The girl felt rather bad for the wolf who looked terrified at the thought of going back to his house - something which she could relate to back when she was a human. So with this thought in her mind, she swiftly grabbed the boy's hand and guided him the other way.

"Want to talk about it?" Billie finally spoke up once the boy hadn't said anything since the two had innocently joined hands.

"About what?" Isaac dumbly asked as he tried to hide the slight blush on his face from holding a girl's hand for the first time. Luckily though, before Billie could ask the boy any more questions about his personal life, the two had reached their destination of Derek's new home.

The former Beacon Hills Railroad Depot was located in the warehouse district of town, and Billie had made sure she always kept tabs on the new alpha as Elijah wasn't currently around to do so. The concrete and steel room had a large rusting subway train car, and rather dramatically, Derek Hale soon stepped out of it with his signature smirk. He looked between the two supernatural teen's hands that linked together and was quick to speak up about it.

"Are you sure she's the best pick for you, Isaac? I heard her aunt Rebekah is pretty hot."

Billie scoffed as even though she had only just met the boy beside her, she hated when people thought less of her and it angered her slightly that he knew about the other Mikaelson sibling.

"Um, excuse you, I'm the cool vampire, and if you disagree I will deck you right in your skinny throat," She growled out quickly dropping the boy beside her hand. What stopped the girl from cussing out the man, again, was the loud ping of her phone, and without excusing herself, Billie quickly took it out of her back pocket and read the text that Stiles had just sent her.

'found Lydia - she's safe.'

A thankful sigh made its way out of Billie's mouth and with a cheeky wink to Isaac to annoy Derek, she soon waved to the two men in front of her.

"Okay, so I wouldn't be here unless I had a reason. And now that I don't, well, bye, bitches."

o. 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟.