"fourteen"

❛ heart monitor. ❜

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭?" Billie smoothly asked as she turned to look at a now sulking Scott

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭?" Billie smoothly asked as she turned to look at a now sulking Scott. It was the day after the parent-teacher conference, and the werewolf had just walked into the classroom in which Stiles had just finished telling the girl about how his father could've gotten seriously hurt while his best friend did nothing to prevent it.

Scott felt incredibly guilty for protecting Allison over the sheriff, and he knew that the teen would be annoyed at him the next day. Still, he never expected Stiles to completely ignore him, with Billie doing the same but instead for her own amusement.

However, once the werewolf began to talk about how he had gone to Derek for help, the buzzcut-haired boy couldn't stay mad, and the two began to speak again as if nothing had ever happened, which made Billie quickly put her head on the table in annoyance as she had already been caught up to speed when she walked to school with Scott that morning.

The girl was so out of the conversation that she didn't even notice most of her classes go by, and before she even realised it, she was already walking into the canteen where Lydia and Allison now sat at lunch. This tiredness that the teen felt was from her eventful night with Elijah and Rebekah after they left the school.

The trio had gone searching for the Alpha as apparently, the Mikaelson family had been tracking him as he was some relation to a werewolf in New Orleans who the siblings had taken a liking to. But now that a vampire was working alongside the murderous wolf which had attacked Elijah's daughter a few weeks ago, the whole clan of vampires were on high alert and desperate to track down the deadly duo.

But alas, they had no luck, and once they were home, Billie only had an hour before she had to leave for school, which left her physically drained from not resting for an extended period of time. It was Allison's voice that broke the redhead from her feeling spaced out as once she had sat down, she didn't bother to listen to the girl she still despised. That was until she began talking about something that Billie recognised immediately.

"A dead-like red-eyed monster prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas of France during the years 1114 to 1115 A.D. La froide killed over one hundred people, becoming so infamous that King Louis XV sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it," Allison almost happily read from the large book she had sitting in front of her. Billie felt her face drain of colour at what the girl was reading and couldn't hear Lydia's sly comments over the pounding she heard in her ears.

"Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan. It is believed that La froide was finally trapped and killed by a renowned hunter who claimed his four brothers were the first to fall prey to the creature,"

"His name was Argent."

The last sentence the brunette girl spoke snapped the girl out of her trance. Even though some of the information the girl spoke about the incident of Elijah killing her ancestors wasn't true, it reminded Billie of how close she was to her biggest enemy.

Coming up with a quick excuse Billie soon fled the cafeteria, and without trying to draw attention to the inhuman speed, she ran home in fear that she would erupt in anger like usual. But this time, it was different. Once she got home to an empty house, she quickly grabbed multiple blood bags and locked herself away in her bedroom until her stomach hurt from being so full.

Elijah would surely call this comfort eating, but the redhead didn't care as it seemed to calm her raging mind entirely and made her try and remember that with the Mikaelson family and their plan to kill the Argents on her side - the horrible hunters couldn't lay a finger on her.

After the night before, where the two siblings reassured Billie that it wasn't them who had tried to attack her, the girl had felt extremely calmer and collected when it came to her family, even if dangerous threats were lurking around the corner. Billie had always needed reassurance on things, and even though she was a strong independent woman, when it came to being consoled, she was a massive sucker when it came to asking her family for their opinion on how to deal with situations.

She knew the siblings would've wanted her to come straight home after hearing Allison's story, and she felt incredibly proud of herself for not having one of her temper tantrums. However, this satisfied feeling soon diminished as she had filled up on blood and changed into something slightly comfier; Scott quickly pushed her into the back of Stiles jeep, and the trio soon left her house for the now-empty school.

"This is a terrible idea." Stiles grumpily stated once the three friends were out of his car and standing in the darkness of the parking lot.

Apparently, while Billie was restraining herself from ripping off Allison's head, the two boys had been trying to control the werewolf's temper, which had now somehow led them to meet Derek to find out who the Alpha was. Billie felt flattered that she was brought along, but once she had scowled at the Hale man and gone inside the vacant building with the two other teens, her flattery soon turned to annoyance when she was asked to keep watch on the office door in case anyone were to catch them.

"Stupid, stupid boys. Leaving me out here all alone-"

Her whining soon stopped; however, once a loud screeching was heard through the intercom, followed by a mighty howl that Billie was sure Elijah and the whole of Beacon Hills could've heard. The redhead didn't have to wait long until she harshly punched the werewolf in the stomach at being so oblivious, and as the boy recovered from his offence, Billie quickly went into the office and spoke directly into the intercom.

"And to the bitch that decked me the other night in the video store, would you prefer if I broke your neck or ripped your eyes out?"

o. 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲.