BBQ A La Pond

Ae

Pond owned a house outside the city. It had been a damaged old house with a great foundation and bone structure. He had slowly and carefully rebuilt it, hired a couple guys from the landscaping team and did up the yard. He even had the perfect girl to move and make it complete. So what was he waiting on?

Nothing.

He's an idiot. Knows how to manipulate everyone else but can't handle his own business.

I did everything he asked, went above and beyond actually. And the fucker got cold feet. Sigh. Just goes to show that some people just don't know everything after all.

The worst part is, ChaAim figured it all out. She's not stupid. Imagine realizing that the guy you love is about to ask you to marry him and your so ready and then he doesn't.

That shit hurts. She cried in my apartment and all I could do was listen. She saved everything for Pond. Everything. So why is he waiting? It made her doubt herself. The only thing I could tell her was that he didn't have anyone else. That at least was the truth. Well unless you counted all his porn.

That part hadn't changed a bit.

"This is a really great neighbourhood."

"Yes it is. I considered buying a few of the houses and refurbishing then reselling but I'm looking at market trends and it doesn't make sense right now."

"Market trends... Ae really had grown quite a lot. Anyway. A house is never a bad thing to have. There will come a point when you want to move away from the city and the option should be there."

"I'm not the only one who has grown. Pete, you have come into your own just fine and I'm glad. I feel like I would have smothered you if you had stayed." And I truly did feel that way. I was always in front of Pete and neither of us ever saw it as a handicap until Pete had left me. Then I began to look back and I realized that I could have severely hindered him.

"What do you mean?" Pete was looking at me but I couldn't give him my focus so I told him to hold on. Pond's house was just around the corner and I parked in front of it, turned and have him my full attention.

"I remember how I was Pete. I though so much about protecting you that I was rather controlling at times. I thought I was protecting you and I was but sometimes, looking back, protecting moved into a totally different territory."

"It depends on how you look at it. Ae, you gave me everything I wanted and needed but you also made me feel stronger and you taught me how to be independant and how to navigate life. I had to learn how to deal with new people because of you and your diverse group of friends. I had to learn how to stand my ground and be firm. I also began standing up for myself. I never would have before."

I looked at Pete, uncertain. He, on the other hand, looked very calm and sure. His hand reaches out and cups my cheek softly and I don't hesitate to cover his hand and hold him in place. His hands are so soft and his touch sends tingles all over my face and down my neck. I love it.

"The reason why I faced Trump the very first time is because of you. You made me want to feel strong. That's how it all starts Ae. You want something so you figure out a way to get it. I may not be physically strong as you so I had to find my strength elsewhere." He smiles softly at me and I move his hand away from my face to clasp it. I desperately need to feel his touch right now.

"Your brain. That's the best part of you." I don't have to think too hard about it. Pete is smart and it turns me on just as much as him being cute.

"Well at least you don't say my looks." He chuckles and I laugh too. Pete's cuteness was the thing that drew me in first but I quickly realized it wasn't all there was to Pete. He was intelligent and kind. And sure he submitted to me but it was because he chose to. He chose me.