A Sudden Attack... And What It Reveals

As Ae and Pete walked out to the car, there was a sudden pop of sound. Ae went down silently, dragging Pete with him because they were holding hands. Pete cried out involuntarily, uncertain of what exactly had happened. Cassie streaked out of the truck and grabbed Ae in a fireman's lift while Nigel covered Pete with his body and practically melted the two of them off to his car. There was a sudden volly of gunfire as two parties seem to be exchanging blows. 

Finally Flyboy's voice came over the com as having shot the perp but being unable to detain him. Donnie thought, was on his tail and seemed to be confidently following him. 

When it finally dawned on Pete what had happened, he was already in the car currently racing after Ae's truck as Cassie drove like a demon. 

Pete fumbled for his phone and hit up the detectives because he had them on speed dial at this point.

"Pete?"

"Ae's been shot. I'm fine. Cassie is driving his truck currently and is taking him to the hospital. I'm following in my car and I believe that my father is following in his."

"I see. What else do you know?"

"Ummmm>" Pete let out a shaky breath and tried to focus. "Flyboy shot at the person. They had a shoot out really. Donnie streaked out on his bike. You'll have to talk to Nigel but he's driving right now. Thalia is not with us. We left her combing through the last place our... issue, um, was residing at."

"Pardon?" Ling seemed to be taken aback and for some reason it put Pete on edge and he started shouting.

"Just come to the hospital because I can't think right now! I need you to just come or send someone or something because I really don't know what the hell is going on!" Without thinking he cut him off and called Ma.

"Ae was shot today. We just left Nana's house when someone fired at him."

"Ok. Tell me where to go and what to do."

"We're heading back to that hospital. Can you call everyone on the usual list because I called to police and that didn't go so well."

"Ok. Sweetie. Did you call your mom?"

"I'm going to do that now though I think my father already did that."

"Good. Call her anyway. You need to hear her voice."

"Ok." So Pete called his mom and burst into tears the moment he heard her voice.

"Sweetie. Are you hurt?"

"No. Just Ae mom. He. He just dropped and he was looking at me so I know he was hurt but it all happened so strangely. There was a pop and then he went down and he never made a sound. I don't know what to do. I don't know what that means. I have never seen Ae in this much pain. So much pain that he couldn't make a sound!"

"Don't panic. How far away are you?"

"We're arriving at the hospital right now. Someone is waiting. they are taking Ae away." Again, Pete put down with out thinking and raced our of the car before it stopped.

"Where's Pete?" A strand and handsome doctor was asking for him by name.

"I'm Pete." He said and stared at the man expectantly.

"Follow. Forth called me. Phana Kongthanin. I'm the ER surgeon available right now. Take the documents from that nurse. Is he allergic to anything we're about to administer?"

"No. He only has a mild latex allergy. That's the only one we know of."

"Ok. Great." Pete looked down and saw Ae gritting his teeth but staring at him with determination.