Rescue Mission Step 3: Reunion and Delusion

Ae

I walk closer to these girls.

"You know, you could have just come to us and asked us for help. I mean Pete and I would have discussed it and come to a decision together. The worst you might have had to do was allow us to visit." I say this calmly but in reality I would have had a bit of a problem. I would not have minded to be honest but I always want to protect everything that is connected to Pete. I would have been uncomfortable if they were far away.

"We've already gotten the lecture on that thanks." Hana looks resigned. she's not faking it either even if she is a but forced. Why is she trying so hard?

"Good. Then lets cut to the chase. Where's Pete? I'm not doing anything until I see him and he better be in the same condition as when you took him."

"Who do you think is in control here?" Dani demanded. Her voice is weird. It's almost like she's not used to speaking.

"Me. Or did you honestly think I came alone? Don't make me laugh. It is only out of respect for your past that I am making the decisions I have so far. Pete, or this place goes to hell really quick." I pull my jacket aside and show them a device. It's just a recording device but they don't get a chance to look at it closely. 

It's strange how the bonds of friendship work. The moment I flip my jacket closed, Sun's voice comes across on my walkie.

"Blue this is Sunshine. Do we make a move? They say stand down but I want to hear it from you."

"I'm ok. Stand down."

"Ok but I'm ready and waiting."

"I know. Just give us an hour."

"That's 60 entire fucking minutes."

"Just, please. 1 hour."

Sun got real quiet. "Fine but if I have to tell Pond something happened..."

I stare at these girls and come to a decision.

"They may be misguided and distrustful but they aren't stupid. Besides, if that doctor touches my Pete, they get the residual punishment."

That seemed to get their attention. The weird feeling in the room shifts and they just turn and walk out, giving orders. I follow them to this big open room with something like a huge doll house constructed in the middle. While they glance around, maybe checking for the doctor? I walk in.

The first think I see is actually not the man jerking off over Pete but the chain that is hanging from under the sheet that covers Pete. I see the man with his back to me after and I see that Pete is slightly uncovered and what he is going. 

I'm moving fast. I guess he heard me because he begins turning, possibly some syringe in his hand. He's too slow thought. I hit him with everything I have been feeling for the last few days, all the frustration, the rage, the desperation and anxiety.

I feel a finger fracture, possibly break, but the sound coming from his face is much worse. His jaw goes askew and his eyes roll up as he crumbles.

"Fuck!" One of them whispers while the other goes over to Pete. I see her from the corner of my eye and my head whips over so fast, I hear my neck crack. I even feel a release and some of my tension eases away.

"Don't touch him." Comes out of my mouth before I manages to pull myself together. Hana grabs Dani and pulls her back before she makes a mistake. She seems to understand me really well. Better than the dead eyed Dani.

Running feet sound as I walk over to the bed. I need to lock down of I might make a mistake as well. I can't afford that at this point.

"What_?" It's Kara but I ignore her too. I ease over to Pete and lightly touch his cheek. He feels abnormally warm and I grimace. I ease the blanket off to see that he is still at lease almost fully clothed despite his shirt being off.