Special Chapter 4 Part 1: The Wedding

"How are you feeling sweetie?" Mom asks Pete at the hotel after he's had breakfast. Pete smiles softly at her and she swears her heart skips a beat because he seems to be shining. There's no word to describe his glow really.

"I'm_ I don't know, but I'm not nervous or anything. I'm just really happy. Yeah, really happy." The smile on his face tell her everything she needs to know. Her heart is at peace because of it.

"Then that's perfect." She gives her son a soft hug and can't help but touch his hair and hold on to him in any way that she can. This is the last day that Pete will be just her baby. Today she will be handing him over to the love of his life and the person who has always put Pete first, besides herself of course.

Despite how much she is aware that Ae and Pete love each other, if Pete has even one doubt, she will do what she needs to do... not that she is expecting any second guessing. These two have been through it all and only seem to love each other more.

Someone finally joins them for breakfast. Tin greets his Auntie Putch with a hug and a quiet, Sawadee khab. He still seems a bit tired and Pete is sure it is because he and Can went at it last night. Pete can only shake his head. He and Ae have not touched each other in a month. Their mothers have been keeping them apart on purpose. The fact that Ae actually listened is still a wonder to Pete. Also the fact that their son Ace shuttled back and forth so successfully and didn't seem phased with spending time with just one parent was still a wonder to Pete. Rather than fuss, the boy had been on his best behaviour, as though he sensed something huge was going to happen soon.

Why did they have this separation you ask? Even Pete wasn't sure. It had all been Mae's idea and she had sat them down and told them a story of bad luck and true horror for those who saw each other within a month before the wedding. Neither man had really believed her but Ae had given in anyway, especially since she threatened to move in with them just to get her way. All in the name of saving them from future drama of course.

Pete secretly thought this was her way of getting to see Ace since Ae never let him sleep over unless himself or Pete would be there. He was insanely overprotective. It was absolutely sweet to Pete.

It had taken quite a bit of time but Tul's case and Dani and Namia's cases were finally over. All matters had been resolved and all sentences had been passed. To say Thailand had been shocked by both matters was an understatement. Pete had made the mistake of reading comments under articles about his trial and after, the shock of some hurtful comments, Ae had made him promise never to read any more. Pete had managed to keep that promise but it was a struggle.

"Where is Can?" Pete looked at the sleepy Tin with a smile. He blinked owlishly then seemed to comprehend what Pete was asking.

"Oh. He's still sleeping. Where is everyone else?" Tin glansed around and didn't see any of their friends.

"Around. I know Aim is up for sure. We are the early ones. I have to leave here soon so Ae can come and eat. You know where to meet us right?"

"Yes. I'll check on the progress of things before I come up."

"Thanks Tin." Tin watched Pete leave and let 10 minutes pass before he called Pond. "Ae can come in now," He said by way of greeting then called ChaAim.

"Sawadee khab Aim. How are things going? Have the decorators started as yet?"

"Sawadee kha. They started since four this morning I am told. The outside is almost half finished already. The inside room still has a bit left to do but I can see the formula and they are moving fast. They will be finished in time."

"Good. The kitchens?"

"They have also been at it since four. I can assure you that everything will be fine."