Have Your People, Call My People...

The interview with Ae came in the evening news, catching quite a few people by surprise. Many realized they exhibited his work in their homes. Friends of the Medthanet family quietly took down their art pieces and placed them in locked rooms to be put back up at a later, safer date. Others sought more pieces and displayed them openly to be controversial. 

There was nothing like watching someone fire back at the elite boldly and making them blink. In this case, the young man had a leg to stand on and that made it even better.

Tul watched the interview with flinty eyes. He hated seeing his fuckup exploited so blatantly and on one of the best and most trusted news networks in Thailand. The Vongpipans had reach and if he remembered correctly, they were connected to Ae's boss. He reached for his phone to contact his own links when the door bell rang.

"Can someone get that!" There was no response from anyone and Tul looked around only to realize the house was virtually empty. What the fuck? He stood and went to the entryway before he remembered his wife and son had everyone in the back yard. The boy had come to him about half an hour ago and had asked him to come. Shit. He had quickly forgotten what the kid said. With a growl, he want to the door himself. 

"How may I help you?" He asked pleasantly, his mask firmly in place. Everyone knew him to be pleasant and approachable. He slipped on that facade easily and instinctively.

"Are you Tul Medthanet?" The man before him was an unknown and he answered with caution. Another dumb move! What if the man had a bomb or a gun! He thought of Ae as a thug and expected thug-like behaviour from him. 

"Yes? What can I do for you?" It was too late now. He hoped he could respond rapidly enough towards any threat.

"My name is bailiff  Lamsam. Kindly sign here on receipt of these documents." A tick appeared on the side of Tul's left eyes as he reached for the pen. This was another fucking different kind of threat! He just bet this was from that peon. Was he trying to fight fire with fire? Tul scrawled his signature in anger and wrenched the package from the man's hands. If Ae thought he could raise to Tul's level, then Tul could surely stoop to his!

"Have a good night now," The bailiff muttered as the door was slammed in his face. He calmly walked back to his car and got in. Using the Bluetooth as he drove, he contacted Pinnie. 

"The documents were served to the man himself."

"Thanks Rich. How's the wife and kids?" Pinnie rubbed his tired eyes as a smile couldn't help but slant his lips. He wished he could have seen the bastards face when he realized what was happening. If only Rich could have snapped a picture. Even that might not have been enough.

"Great as usual. Your godson asked for you yesterday. Come by some time." The two were really good friends outside of their jobs. In fact, it was the job that had created the friendship in the first place.

"I'll make some time this week. Literally." They put down and Pinnie sighed. He was still in the office and didn't see himself leaving in the next hour or so.

Currently, he had the situation with the statues all tied up in court. They weren't going anywhere any time soon despite how much Tul pushed. He couldn't prove that Ae was even involved and Pinnie was exploiting that angle to the maximum. If he wanted them removed, he would have to do so himself but that would be admitting defeat. Now Tul had gone and run his mouth in a rare dumb move and Pinnie was going to exploit that as well. 

In the history of Tul's career, he had only made about 4 other dumb moves but had managed to escape the consequences. Not this time thought. 

He rocked a bit in his chair, deep in thought before he called Ae.