Nong Yim

Yim

Sawadee kha. Thu kha. My name is Yim. I am the daughter of Oh and Nat. I am also the niece of Ae. He is a famous artist here in Thailand and also an engineer.

I am eight years old and I attend an all girls school currently. I am a good student and I always come in the top three in my class. Ar'Ae says that I am really bright and he organized to have me do English classes. He says they will give me an edge in my studies.

I think my Ar is the best because he is right and he is always looking out for me. He is my favorite person in the whole world. Well besides my parents of course.

Ar'Ae is really cool because he listens to me. When I told him that I wanted to be the best in my class, he talked to my dad and organized these lessons for me with one of the best tutors in the area. When I said that I was into designing new outfits for my dolls, he organized and got me a sowing kit. He even thought me how to use it personally. He always takes me seriously.

It is Saturday and I am in my way home for my lessons. I take them very seriously because I know that everyone is trying hard to help me.

I am really excited about today too! Ar'Ae is supposed to stop by and he is bringing Ar'Pond with him. The two of them are so funny! Giggle. They are always being impolite to each other and Ar'Pond sometimes forgets I'm there and says something rude which causes my Ar'Ae to smack him. They are like the stooges. They hit and argue all the time but they don't really hate each other. They are very funny.

I get to the restaurant just after 12. It is already closed and I can see Ar'Ae's jeep. I race in and P'Mint tells me that everyone is upstairs. I race up and head to Ar'Ae's room.

The door is locked?

I don't understand.

"Ar'Ae! Are you in here? Ar'Ae!"

"Sorry Yim. I must have locked the door. Sorry." My Dad says. They must have been having an adult conversation. Sometimes they do that so I know it's not to come in. I wonder what's happening now?

The door opens and I rush in to my uncle. He has a huge smile on his face and he scoops me up.

"Ahhhhh! Stop Ar'Ae! Stop!" He is tickling me!

"There is my precious Yim." I get lots of hugs and kisses. I hang on to his neck and smile at him. He doesn't spend much time here but today I can see that he is very happy.

Is he glad that Ar'Pete is coming next month?

"Ar'Ae. You are happy today." I hug him around the neck and kiss his cheek.

"Of course. I get to see Nong Yim today. How was your lessons?"

"It was a little hard today. We learned new words in English but the math and the science and the Thai lessons were great. P'Beth is really nice and she tells me things and shows me things too. We go outside and we look at stuff and sometimes it feels like playing but she says when I think about what we did, it will help me remember my lesson better."

"That's right. Well guess what?"

"Ar'Pond is hiding under the bed!" I laugh. He did that last time. Ar'Ae laughs too and shakes his head. He puts me down and smiled again.

"Why don't you go look for him?"

I cover my mouth to stop the giggles but I can't help it. He is so silly. When he hid under the bed last time, he was in my room and his feet stuck out! It was too funny and I pretended I couldn't find him. Ar'Ae laughed so hard then too.

I look carefully under the bed, then I look around. Ar'Ae had 2 closets. I look in the first one and I see bags of stuff. They weren't there before so I guess he bought them for us to hold for him. He does that sometimes when he doesn't have room in his studio.