Interviews

Officer Dami

I stood in the Security room and watched at Tin Medthanet walked up, ducked under the tape,  and observed the statues. He walked around each scene and then came back to the first one. Despite the print dust, he still reached out and touched the little baggy holding the drugs. After a while he took a deep breath and stepped back. He seemed to shake himself and walked away towards the offices. 

It was early, just shy of seven and the young Tin was already here. Interesting. Didn't he just return from the Chao Samran beach side? Something about a deal? When had he come in?

I monitor to see who else comes and looks around in the next hour before I go and visit Tin. The only other person of interest that showed up was one Kirakorn and he didn't stay for long. Just took pictures and left. I assumed he was going to look at it all from his phone since he was also on his way to work.

I ample my way out of the security room and head down to Tin's office. His secretary is pleasant and is quick to inform me he has a meeting at 9. I only smile at her before Tin himself comes and opens the door for me.

I walk in and take in his office. It's masculine and powerful but not overwhelmingly so and it actually has a comfortable draw to it. The little knickknacks and funny pictures on the wall help with that. I'm sure they came from his lover.

"How can I help you?"

"I'm Officer Dami. I usually have my partner with me but he's covering more ground doing other things." 

He nodded and waited. I blinked. Not a big talker huh.

"Do you have any of Intouch's work here in your office?"

"Actually, this clay piece and this bowl were made by him." I look at the pieces and I'm surprised. He does a lot more that he informed me he was capable of. "Working with clay is rare for Ae and whittling is even rarer. This paperweight was one of his mistakes. I asked him to save it anyway. It reminds me of Can for some reason. This was an anniversary present he made last year. Can asked me to keep it here so I do."

"Ah." I assess the detail on the bowl a little while longer. A half smiling Tin and a grinning Can in different scenes from the wacky to the romantic. 

This guy is really talented. "What do you think of the work outside?"

"In terms of craftsmanship, in terms of portrayal, or in terms of dramatic effect?"

"In as many terms as you care to discuss."

Tin sighed and sat back. He passed a hand over his face and I could finally catch small hints of fatigue.

"The work there doesn't look or feel like Ae's work. Ae had a certain thing about him. He's a guy who actually takes in a lot of detail but I think that's because he doesn't say much. He's got a decent imagination but it's not good enough to put him in the abstract category. It's why his work is based on his memories or things he has seen. He's good at making those still images look alive. Those statues outside are deader than the bodies in a funeral home."

I wince and chuckle. What an interesting comparison.

"What they are trying to portray thought is very accurate. The situation with the drugs did indeed happen. I heard it from the horse's mouth. I trusted my brother as a child. I confessed a lot of my silly feeling and unimportant dreams and wishes to him. I felt like Tul was the only person in the entire world who loved me."

"And he betrayed you."

"Yes. And I would still have trusted him now if it weren't for that night when he got drunk and his walls were down. I found out there was no one in the world who hated me more than he did. I can't even begin to tell you how much he destroyed everything I believed in and how much he almost cost me."