Rescue Mission Step 2: Slow And Frustrating, But What Other Choice Do We Have?

Ae

"Home Base, this is MS5. We are code yellow." Sun said into his communicator. Tin answered him immediately. 

"Roger."

"Roger. Over and out." I shook my head. He didn't really have to say that. I swear, between Sun and Pond, I wouldn't ever have a dull or quiet moment.

We're currently on the outer edges of the property I am most suspicious of.  We will be entering Wren's property perimeter soon. I am sure there are many traps waiting for us. I myself have to take it easy. I am still healing so we are all trying to be hyper vigilant. A part of me is burning to ask Tin so many questions but I have to trust him. We are trying to keep the communications at a minimum just in case she/they can detect anything. Once we start moving, we will only contact Tin if we have to and we can only say one thing, a colour.

So far we have decided that Green means we are on the move, Yellow means we have stopped for the night, Pink means we have found evidence of Pete, Red means we are in danger and White means we have seen or found Pete. Code Grey is Tin's colour. We also have code black in the event that someone has died. 

I have my own colour code too. I am blue 1. Pond and the fake me are Blue 2. They are currently in Japan. When they were flying out, the girl known as Dani was spotted at the airport. We made no attempt to apprehend her and were rewarded in that she returned to this general vicinity. We can at least assume that Pete is on one of three properties in this general area but we're not taking any chances. We will check all the places we need to.

Wren, Kara, Hana and Dani all have property here. We are entering through Wren's property because it is the easiest to access. 

"How are you feeling? Any pain?" Derek is our group medic. He answered Mitchell's call and I have to admit, I like him very much. No, not that way! I meant in terms of being able to stand him. He's not as obnoxious as some of these other guys. They are really annoying but at least when it comes to Pete, they take everything really seriously. I was also surprised when the man himself volunteered to be a part of the plan and made his own trip to Japan with his own men. He really lent us some credibility, even if he is playing the antagonist.

I reassure Derek that I'm fine and wonder around to everyone.

I pitch in where I can, handing tools and following instruction that don't require much effort. I can't sit still at times like these even thought I know I should be conserving energy. I practically force my body to be still and act casually so don't run wild and mess everything up. I cannot begin to tell you how frustrated I am right now that I even have to do all this. 

I was helping Teddy, our assigned cook when I noticed Merlin steering off into the distance. He was pretty young but deadly with a knife and he knew tons of magic tricks. Because he's making a good distraction for me, I follow through with it. I walked over to him and squinted off into the distance too. When I didn't see anything I turned to him.

"What are you looking at? There's nothing there." I point out to him.

"Are there bugs in the bushes? If there are then I assure you there are many things out there and they as gross as fuck!"

I blinked and an image of the knife wielding Merlin screaming over a roach popped into my head. I couldn't help myself. I burst out laughing so hard, no actual sound left my mouth. Merlin stared at me for a bit before a smile cracked on his face. I sucked in air, looked at him, and started crackling out loud this time.

"What's so funny?" Teddy asked and walked over to look around.

"Merlin's scared of the roaches!" I point and laugh and slap my knee because this is so funny to me for some reason. I feel a release when I laugh too. My skin isn't so tight any more either.