BBQ A La Pond 2

Pond

When Ai'Ae told me he was on Miaen Street, I wasn't expecting him to take a whole 10 extra damn minutes to get to the house. Miaen is around the corner exactly. Two minutes tops to park and get in the house.

"Wait. Why is Ae not here yet?" Sun actually lets go of his feline of a boyfriend and looks at me while I frown.

"Are they fighting or making out?" We exchange a sly look and race out.

Sun and I are a lot alike when it comes to Ae. We love to drive him crazy and dig under his skin mostly because we think he is too ridged... No, not ridged but straight. Ae can bend and he isn't inflexible. He's just... narrow. I like to make him turn when he doesn't want to.

Though lately I've been taking it easy on him.

Ae is a bit disappointed me in me lately but he has good reason. I am also a bit disappointed in myself too. Well a bit is an understatement. I've wanted to just drown myself or shoot myself or step in front of a freaking speeding car!

Damn. It's been that bad.

We make it to the front door and I sigh. The two of them are so caught up in each other. It's so fucking cute. I look at Sun who is smiling. We are both very happy for Ae despite the way we tease him. We just want him to be happy and Pete is the only anything that makes him happy.

"What the hell are you two doing? We thought you were lost. You said you were on Miaen Street ages ago!" Pete started a bit but not Ae. Made of concrete that guy.

"You have no fucking manners Pond. Couldn't you wait until they were kissing? Jeez!" Ae pushed Sun out of the way as he went around to open the door for Pete. We shared a smirk.

"You look very relaxed Ae." I fished.

He ignored me and instead dumped the tray of seasoned meat in my hand and strolled away. I didn't take offence. With Ae, that's like a caress.

I passed Can and Pete hugging, then I saw Dear move in for his share. I passed Aim in the kitchen finishing up the salad and kissed her cheek. She smiled up at me and my chest seized in happiness.

You must wonder why I flunked out on this beautiful woman. So do I.

That day, she glowed, ethereal and superhuman in her appearance. I felt like I was facing a goddess and I felt unworthy. I started second guessing myself. I started feeling like I hadn't done enough.

The house needed to look better. It wasn't finished but it was habitable. I forgot that I hadn't decorated because she was supposed to do it. That was her request. I forgot that I had money coming in and I freaked out about my low account.

I literally lost my mind.

I panicked like a bitch.

I chickened out on asking Aim to marry me.

I still can't figure out what the fuck happened or how to fix it.

I hurt Aim in ways I can't even begin to understand and I don't know how to make it right. How do you ask a goddess to forgive a mere mortal?

I head back to the grill and spot Ae talking to our boss Forth and his husband Beam. I'm surprised the both of them came but then again, Beam has never met Pete personally. His curiosity must be buying him.

I look around for Diew and see he's noticed Ae is here. Those two are in an interesting place right now and I fell kind of left out. I'm not the type you tell important secrets to and that's my own fault. Ae though, not even torture will get him to open his mouth. He's that reliable.