P'Keng

Dr. Phana walked in with a young woman the next morning. Behind them strolled in an another gentlemen. He looked around then came and sat next to Pete. They chatted as Ae focused on the doctor.

"So I understand you had some pa_ some lack of feeling?" Ae suspected Phana was about to say paralysis. What a scary word.

"Yes. I slept a lot but when I was up, I couldn't really feel anything that I touched. Then I had a dream last night. After I woke, I could feel Pete's hand in mine. I was very relieved."

"What kind of dream was it?" The different voice made Ae turn. The man offered him a peppermint candy and he paused, considering, before taking it.

"Thanks. Someone was chasing Pete and I. We were holding hands and running. Then suddenly the person grabs Pete and we're facing off. We have this huge fight but Pete is always in the middle of us.Then suddenly I'm able to hit him and he gets angry. He pulls a gun and starts threatening Pete."

"Are you not scared for yourself?"

"Hum. Not really. Pete is the reason I get up every morning. If he's in danger I get angry and scared. If I'm in danger then I really feel angry and maybe a little scared. I possibly wouldn't get to see Pete again so that always scares me."

"Interesting." He popped a candy in his mouth and smiled at Ae. Ae assessed this guy and felt he was very capable but also at this moment he was very harmless.

"Who are you?" He asked the guy with a serious face.

"Who me? You can call me P'Keng. Finish up here Pha so I can have  a chat with this very interesting young man." Despite his words, Ae sensed that he was in his thirties and not that old at all. 

"Hum." Pha said as he and the physical therapist moved in and began their tests and recordings. Pha also checked the incision and was pleased to see that it was looking very clean and healthy. 

"Your natural healing is very good." He commented, impressed.

"Yes. Pete always says this is my best time when I'm sick. I sleep a lot the first 2 or so days, then I become an ass." 

"Of the highest order." Pete agreed sweetly as he waited on the side for the prognosis. Everyone else chuckled.

"Sorry babe. Does it help if I tell you I love you now?" Pete chuckled, slightly pink.

"I know you love me. It's ok this time though. Your not confined to a bed, right, so you shouldn't be so bad."

"And the best part is, as long as your careful, you can have some sexual activity." Phana said because he knew a healthy couple like them would want to know. Ae grinned and Pete looked down, a mortified pink. "I would suggest you continue to rest though Ae. Keep it low key and let Pete do most of the work until your given the ok to drive. Now let's discuss your range of motion."

Ae listened as he was told what to avoid doing for the next two weeks until his next check up. His recuperative powers were better than Phana expected but despite that, he still suggested two weeks before the next full check up.

"Monitor your sutures. If you feel any of the pain of pinching I described then call me and I'll have you come in. It might be that I will need to remove them sooner than expected."

"That's usually the case." Ae agreed. He had had stitches before and they were always removed before the recommended time.

"Great. Pete, come with me to deal with the prescriptions. We'll take another mobility test then as well to determine your healing and possible need for therapy."

Ae nodded and watched them go before turning back to P'Keng. The man put his phone down and Ae glanced at it. The screen showed a very perfect person. Perfect features, nothing out of place, and almost ethereal looking.