Chapter 8

// this chapter is a little short, I'm sorry ówò

Izuku frowns, today is the day of the entrance exams. It's not that he's happy with his progress... it's just that he felt like he could've done better before getting here, the most he can bring down is power to is 88% it seems like a lot of downgrade but it's still pretty powerful, he really needs to control it better. Especially in the entrance exams where there will be a lot more of other students who he might accidentally harm.

Still he can still chomp on the robots but that's saying that he knows their weak spots ( he doesn't ). So he'll really need to be able to utilise his quirk, maybe he can strike from above and have them forced to the ground? That could work but-

"Hey calm down, you're all tense and you're mumbling." Katsuki says from next to him, his voice soft.

"Oh... t-thank you Kacchan." He says with a smile, Katsuki grunts in response. Izuku pretends not to notice when Katsuki moved an inch closer to him, he's too happy to point it out, Kacchan might back away if he did too.

They managed to get into the building with not much trouble except for when Izuku almost tripped and Katsuki pulled him back in time, he was really greatful for that.

They had a quick rundown of the exams, what they were going to do and stuff. He frowned realizing that him and Kacchan were going to different arenas for the entrance exams. He doesn't mind it that much but he definitely would've preferred it if Katsuki was with him.

"Calm down, you better not fail. Nerd." Katsuki says.

"I'll try my best Kacchan." He chirps.

Now with new found confidence he marched to his arena, feeling a bit giddy.

"Hey you! Are you trying to distract everyone else? What a low move!" Izuku's eyes widen at the blue haired boy.

"Oh no, I'm just excited, you know? I want to eat!"

"You want to eat?" The blue haired boy asks.

"Yep, look!" Izuku grabs a stray pebble of the ground and chews on it.

"Ah I see, it's your quirk."

"Yeah!" Izuku chirps.

"GO!"

The voice from a speaker says and the gate instantly opens

Gotta be quick. Gotta make Kacchan proud. Maybe if I do good enough he'll pet my head or let me hug him again!

Izuku activated one for all, using it to jump on a robot. He grabbed it's weird head thingy and pulls, jumping and pulling the head along with him, he lands on a roof of the building, about to eat it before he sees another robot, he decides to just punch the head at him, it reminds him faintly of volleyball, the robot is about to crash to a building along with the head.

He was about to jump in joy at being able to utilise it before he notices that there were Uh you know- like he noticed. Students that don't look like they can handle being crushed- Izuku quickly jumps down, rushing to them and grabbing them before the robot made a crater to the building and the ground.

"S-Sorry, you two okay?" Izuku asks, "Sorry about that, gotta go now bye!" He says, jumping away again.

That's pretty much what he ends up doing the entire entrance exams. He punches something, save the poor students under about to get crushed, well he does help other students in danger of being crushed that's not just from his punches, he sort of worries at the amount of time he's wasting savi- well no, it's not a waste of time if he ends up saving people, that's the entire point of being a hero after all.

He maybe took down like, 17 robots and he's not really sure if that's enough- most of the time he's preoccupied saving people under rubble more than anything. He knows he can't waste time but he can't help but want to help people.

He only has about 5 minutes left which he wants to use to get points on but- he sees a three pointed infront of him and at his right, a few meters away, a girl about to get crushed by the 0 pointer robot.

"S-Someone! Help!" She cries out.

Ah... dangnabit who cares about points anyways?!

Katsuki stills from where he's blowing up a robot.

...I don't know why but I feel like Deku's about to do something stupid.

....

I'll check on him later.

_______________________________

In the end I ended up saving her anyways.

"Are you okay? Do you feel hurt anywhere?" Izuku asks.

"I-I think I sprained my ankle..." she says weakly, Izuku looks at the rubble on top of her.

Stupid rubble, this is all your fault! Don't hurt her!

Izuku kicks the rubble away to a building where it creates a little hole.

"Okay, let's get you to a medic now." Izuku gently lifts her up and cradles her, like what you do to a child.

"Here boy!" A little old lady calls out to him, he pulls her a bit closer as he runs to her ( in normal speed, he's not going fast when there's an injured person in his arms. )

"Lower her down a bit, won't you?" Izuku nods, crouching down, the brunette looks a bit dizzy, there's red in her face, that can't be good. The old lady kisses her forehead.

"W-Wha... I feel.. better?" She says.

"Are you sure? Your face is still red..."

"A-Ah! D-Don't mind that it's n-normal!" She sputtered, Hiding her face, Izuku looked at the old lady as if trying to confirm whether or not she's still sick.

"Don't worry about her, she's just a bit flustered, sonny. You can put her down already."

"Are you sure?" She nods, Izuku hesitantly lets her down.

"I-It's O-Ocha... ocha-"

"Oh Ocha! Like tea! That's so cute, hi Ocha-chan, are you feeling better?" He asks with a smile.

Ochaco promptly fainted.

"Ah are you okay-?! Ma'am! She's not responding what do I do?! I think she fainted!" He says in a panic as he gently shook her.

"You oblivious boy..." she shook her head in dissapointment. "It's fine, can you carry her? Follow me, let's bring her to my clinic."