Chapter 17

"Ah, Midoriya-kun, Toshinori-kun, have a seat and some tea!" Nezu welcomes them, two chairs waiting for them infront of his desk, he starts pouring them tea. Izuku happily seats down and takes a cup full to the brim, he thanks his principal and quickly chugs down the literal scalding, boiling liquid like it's the most delicious drink he's every had. Nezu happily pours him some more and he happily drinks it down.

"It's been awhile since someone drank my tea as enthusiastically as you had, Midoriya-kun!" Nezu comments.

"Of course, it's my favorite kind, this is Hojicha tea, right?" Izuku asks, "it's my favorite kind of tea."

"It is! May I ask why?"

"It reminds me of Kacchan!" Was his reply as he chugged down another cup. Toshinori sighs, sitting down next to Izuku, he looked at the tea offered to him, Nezu and Izuku looking at him expectantly, he stares down at it and noticed that the top of it is still bubbling consistently and it was literally smoking hot. Other than that is smells very pleasant, almost a bit like caramel, he sees why Izuku likes this tea so much, especially one with an aroma such as this.

"Now, let's talk matters, Midoriya-kun, you know what you've done and why you're here right?" Izuku slowly blinks.

"Is eating garbage cans considered destruction of school property?"

"Not at all! We gave you permission for it after all!" Nezu says, "I want to ask you Midoriya-kun, what do you think, makes a hero?"

"Kacchan! Kacchan makes a hero! He'll be a good hero one day!"

"..." Toshinori coughs.

"Young Midoriya, that's... not exactly what he means, what he means is, what kind of qualities should you strive for when you're a hero?"

"Uh let's see." Izuku pouts, thinking of what Kacchan would say, "someone who's not afraid to face danger head on if it means saving lives but also knows when to flee the battle and retreat. Someone who puts his job and lives of civilians above themselves." Izuku frowns, running out of things to say already, "someone who always strive to help the ones in need, tries their best to uh.. not destroy more than what's already destroyed. Someone who you see and think that it's fine because you know they'll be able to handle it?"

"That's a very nice definition of what being a hero is like, now Midoriya-kun, do you think you have been acting as a hero this past few days?" Izuku stilled, before he shook his head.

"You don't need to sugarcoat is Nezu-san, I know what I did was wrong and not something a hero would do and I know it affected my reputation in the school, I don't regret it though. It was my choice to do it, I don't think he had the right to disrespect Kacchan like that-"

"Did Bakugou need you to do that?" Izuku paused.

"What?"

"Did Bakugou clearly show that he felt he was being disrespected?"

"Well no but-"

"Bakugou, your friend, whether you admit it or not, doesn't have the nicest attitude with anyone really, he even yells at teachers as well, he is always disrespectful but as teachers, someone who'll guide you into being heroes, we let him, because we know he can and will change once given the proper discipline. We won't give him punishment for what he is but even still, if there was an off chance that Bakugou did feel disrespected or you felt that he was disrespected, why didn't you just tell a teacher? Who said you had to deliver a punishment yourself? A punishment even Bakugou, as you know how he acts around you right now, don't consider good or fair." Izuku frowns.

"The method I used to scare him isn't good and I know Kacchan disproves of it but I still think he deserved punishment."

"And you should've told a teacher to give Neito-kun a fair punishment for what he's done. We'll let you off this one time but we can't keep letting you get away with major offences like this, another one and we'll have to remove you from this school, you wouldn't want to be faraway from your best friend, do you?" Izuku nods.