Chapter 23

"...Why are you treating me this way? I thought you hated me." Shoto murmurs, absorbing the warmth Izuku gave him.

"Why do you think that?"

"Your speech at the start, the conversation we had, why would you not hate me?"

"I don't hate you, Kacchan told me to say all of those things." Shoto squints suspiciously.

"He's a bit controlling, isn't he?"

"Hm? Kacchan? I guess he is but I don't mind, he's been protective of me lately, I think it's cute." Izuku hums, "Are you feeling fine now?"

"...You will be fighting him in the next round right? Will you be alright?"

"I think so? Why?"

"Will you deny him if he tells you to get out of the stage?"

"...Iida would be mad if I did that..."

"That's not a no."

"Ah it's not like it matters, what matters is that we tried out best, didn't we?"

"You're not trying your best if you surrender just because he said so." Shoto murmurs, "you shouldn't let people control your life, even if you love them, it won't turn out great for you."

"It's a bit ironic hearing you say that, don't you think so?"

"..."

___________________

Izuku was absolutely surprised when Iida had to withdraw from the match.

"S-Sorry for leaving you alone but It's an emergency." Was all he says and Izuku can't do anything about it, why would he? It's an emergency and Iida probably already had a lot in his plate. But now he's gonna be fighting two people alone! Two of them are his bestfriends? Well no- Kacchan is the only one who's his best friend but Kirishima-kun is a good friend as well!

Ah wait, but then he has the chance to surrender-

"Deku, if you surrender we're not best friends anymore." Katsuki says, Izuku gasps.

"W-What?! No way!"

"Surrender and we're not best friends anymore! And don't even try to purposely walk out the stadium or purposely let us kick your ass Deku, if you do any of that, we're not best friends anymore and you aren't a good boy anymore!" A critical blow.

"W-Wha- w-why?! Isn't easier for you if I just surrendered?!"

"I want a fair fucking fight, that's all!"

"Yeah giving up is for the weak!" Kirishima adds.

"It's not a fair fight in the first place since it's two against one!"

"Psh as if, you can take on us both easy."

"No I can't!"

Izuku sobs and hides his face in his hands as they walk into the stadium.

"Why do I have to fight with my friends?!" He cries.

"Stop fuckin' complaining you stupid nerd!" Izuku sobs harder.

"Aw Bakugou! Don't be so mean!" Even if the competition already started, Kirishima runs over to Izuku's side to comfort him, "there there, it's fine! After this we can go get ice cream cause you're a good boy!"

"I-I am?"

"Yep! But if you want to continue being a good boy you have to fight us fair and square! Give it your all!" Kirishima cheers.

"O-Okay!" Izuku nods, he wiped the tears off his eyes and then looks at them with a determination. Kirishima runs back to Katsuki's side.

"Do we issue a warning?" Kirishima asks.