Nostalgic, You

" I just heard everything. "
Urahara-San make a seat beside me by himself.

I crouched down tiredly at the waiting room near the hall where I got summoned before. Strangely, even though I just feel like about to explode a moment ago, I feel pretty calm and serene now in this room.

Perhaps because the smells of wood in this dojo-like room and the beautiful view at the window over the Soul Society that calmed me for a little.

The room is in silence and neither me nor Urahara-San has any idea what to do with this situation.

Still won't look up from my knees, I just let out a heavy sigh. Which in turn get a respond from the man beside me.

" It must be tiring, isn't it? "
He asked with a little hint of familiarity with him and the hall.

" ... Yes, but it still worth it. "

" Worth? What did you get in return? "

" ... My memories with Sousuke-San. "

Then silence fell over again.

I know.

I get it.

I understand.

I'm the one who's making this really awkward. How come? The answer is as clear as day, since I'm in love with the criminal who almost destroy this world and human world.

" Do you against it as well, Urahara-San? "

" About what? Your meet up with him? "

" Yes. "

"....honestly, yes. Very much so. "

With a little bit of 'as expected' feeling, I then turn my face to his side.

" ... That's logical. "
I commented flatly.

Urahara-San glancing at me in return. How strange, even though top half of his face covered with shadow, I still somewhat know what his face will look like. Or... The nostalgic feeling in it...

" So then, what are you going to do now? I heard Capt— I mean, captain commander Kyoraku, is letting you stay in his place. "

" Yes. "

" But you don't seem so happy about it? "

"... Because... Of many factors, I guess. "

" Ah, you mean because he looks like an unreliable old man whose only drink and play around with women? "

" I won't go as wild as that, but you do give it some nice detail, hehe. "

" Hahaha, sure I do! "

Weird, but pleasant. The silence and awkwardness which enveloped us a moment ago, now gradually melt and give a nice refreshing feeling like a rain in summer.

" Urahara-San, you're not working in this world, aren't you? "

" Yep, I told you before when we met at front gate. "

" Hah... W-well... I was thinking maybe I can... Ask you to let me stay at your place... But since you're not working in this area, I doubt Kyoraku-San will trust me. "

He didn't reply back immediately, instead he look at me in silence for a moment. I couldn't read his expression really well, since he got that funny hat covering half of his face with its shadow.

" Hmm, that's true. But did you know that I work at the human world, Tsuki-chan? "

Oh, I didn't think about that. I thought he just work at a really different area or far away from this place. Never crossed my mind that he's working in human world instead. How peculiar, I haven't left the human world for one day, and I already feel so surprised by its name.

" Really? Did you like... Actually have a job as human does? "

" Hoho, of course the cool me will have a cool job as well, Tsuki-chan! "

" Woah, then what kind of work do you do? "

" I'm an owner of a small candy shop. But let me tell you I'm super popular with the local kids. "
He slightly turning up the edge of his hat and wink playfully at me.

I burst into laugh in instance because that silly look awfully suit him.
" Pfft... Ahahaha! What the-- now you're getting creepier than Kyoraku-San! "

" Hahaha, now now, looks like we need to move on now. "
Urahara-San said as he get back on his feet and helped me up a little bit.

While we're walking out of the room, I asked him curiously.
" Where are we going now? I thought the procedure is done. "

" Well, it's supposed to be. But—"

" Since I'm kinda special in a way, I have additional procedure that must be done. "

Now we're walking down the hallway as the only sounds can be heard is our step and my stick.

I didn't look up at Urahara-San, but the silence telling me he's taken aback for a moment there. Just like what I said, I'm used to live around adults who's working in many tricky fields.

" You're really quick to grasp situation, aren't you? "

" It's like the basic thing to do for me if I want to survive in that household. "
I murmured so soft as only the wind could hear it.

" Did you say something? "
Luckily, Urahara-San didn't seems to hear that. I kind of blurt it out accidentally after all. Thinking about my family who I've left behind, it's pretty useless now.

Looking up slightly at the funny man, I smile.
" I said, because everyone have something more than the eyes to look. "

Once again, he fell into silence but quickly to pull a smile and—I don't know what's gotten into him—he give me a soft pat on my head a few times.

I didn't expect that at all that I stopped my step in surprise.

" More than the eyes to look, eh? That's some wise word you got there. "
I thought it would be really awkward, however, strangely enough, my heart can only feel this nostalgic feeling and even though I said it's nostalgic, I didn't know what it is.

" Especially the irony of it came from her very mouth, isn't that right, former captain Urahara? "

Huh? That voice... I suppose it's normal for hearing his voice in this place, since it is his workplace after all. But... Hah, I must get myself used to his voice now.

" Please don't hurt the child's feeling, Captain Commander. And please just address me as Urahara. "

" If you say so. "