Before Love

The moment my eyes landed on him, I know straight up that he's a hottie. A hottie without any doubt, the kind of ikemen that will be forgiven for everything because... He's a hottie.

No matter how ridiculous it sounds, believe me, it really works in my world.

" Ara, Captain Kuchiki, fancy meeting you here! "

...Kuchiki? Huh... Now that I look at him more closely—and try not get distracted by those black shining silky hair...— he's the man who halted me back when I wanted to leave the hall room from yesterday.

But... If my memory is right, I thought Kuchiki is... A girl?

" I believe that supposed to be my line, former captain Urahara. "

" Whatever you mean by that? And please just address me by name. "

" Enough of that, what are you two doing here? You're not allowed to be in the library while the reconstruction still going on. "

When the so called Kuchiki-San mentioned about the current rule in here, I immediately turn my gaze to Urahara-San who's still wearing that silly smile of him.

" Eh?! Urahara-San! I thought you asked the person who's in charge before? "

" Yeah, I did. "
He replied flatly.

"... Legally? "

"... Ohoho! There's always one way or anoth—"

" Sheesh, Urahara-San! "

How embarrassing! I just got here yesterday and now I'm ready to be called as an intruder—by one of the captain on top of that! Mou..! I never thought Urahara-San is this carefree... No, he's just being way too carefree.

I take my cane and stand up from the seat. Facing Kuchiki-San, I bow to him, presenting my apology.

" Me and Urahara-San are truly sorry for violating the rule. I'll accept the penalty for it, euh... K-kuchiki-San. "
I needed the words with a little bit of questioning tone.

Kuchiki-San didn't react immediately. I almost thought that he didn't hear what I said since he doesn't even blink once by my words.

After an awkwardly long pause, he replies.
" Since you're still under Captain Commander's protection, I'll notified him about the penalty. "

As if letting a quiet sigh, he then turned around to Urahara-san.

" You're the one who's in charge of her together with Captain Commander. Please be more responsible for your act next time, Urahara-San. "
Woah... If only looks can kill.

" Yaa... I'm terribly sorry about it, well then, don't you think we should get out from here now? Okay, let's go~ "

Hah... Urahara-San...

I thought about asking Kuchiki-San wether I still can borrow the book or not, but... Since he's not the one who's in charge of the library, I shouldn't ask him something unrelated—judging by how stiff and goes-by-the-book he acts. Or else, I might get unnecessary salt from him.

As we're walking back to the door, suddenly Kuchiki-San throw me a question—without even bother to look at me.

" You were reading a book about Soul Society's government? "

" H-huh? Oh... Yes, I thought I should learn about it... Since it's the second most basic thing to know what kind of government the world are you living in. "