First Kiss First Goodbye

For the whole night, I almost couldn't get into sleep. My mind just filled with love yet feeling in agony. If I must put what's in my mind, it's just tragic.

I must survive in this gilded cage, but surviving this way means I have to give up my freedom. The freedom which Sousuke-San must worked on to gave it to me.
Between my survival and my freedom, I haven't taught this far yet by my grandfather. I don't know which one I should choose, which one is the correct answer.

Sousuke-San... I want to ask for help... but I still haven't told him my real identity yet and I can't lie to him. If by the worst chance he asked me my real identity, I'd fall to my knees and with flowing tears... I'm just going give all of myself to him.

Even though I know I'm going to be his biggest key to free himself from the prison and perhaps plotting another dangerous plan... if he asks me to do so... I will still surrender myself to his wish.

This love is too much for me. Is this how loving someone usually is?

Someone tell me... Sousuke-San... help me.

.

.

.

" You're that speechless to know that the prison is located underneath the barracks of the First Division all this time? "
Asked Kyōraku-San with a light smile beside me.

" ... Yes, kind of. "
I shortly replied.

I suppose I don't need to give a hint about ehat I feel right now to them since my whole complexion is obvious for the two captains beside me know that.

Hirako-San who's standing at my right side, begin the first process of my meeting with Sousuke-San. And the first thing to do before we step into the prison, is to blindfold my eyes.

Apparently the underground prison only supposed to be known in detail only by the official—from 6th seat up to captain level I once read. If that's how the rule is, then I'll just obey the law.

" Hold my hand if you don't want to get lost under there. Even without the blindfold it's actually already dark enough for you to have a hard to see the tip of your own nose. "

Since I'm being blindfold now, I don't know wether Hirako-San already stretch out his hand or not, but I prefer to hold his sleeve instead. After all that happened from yesterday, they expect me to cling onto them?

I'd rather get dragged by a rope rather than holding hand to hand with them.

" No, the sleeve is enough. "
I abruptly said.

No one seems to be bothered by my choice—at least that's what I feel with only my hearing.

Right now, I can only see with my ears. When you're in a dark place, you'll often be more cautious and sensitive with every tiny sounds you hear. It reminds me how grandfather used to trained me with blindfolding me.

Dark days, I might say.

I hear like an opened gate before me, however there's no wind coming out from inside—only slightly from the door's swish.

Hirako-San begin to walk slowly after the first step done by Kyōraku-San into the darkness. Then I follow those steps with the only odd rhythm due to my cane worked as my third leg.