Between the Reconstruction

" I thought you're going to tie your hair. "
Asked the man who's walking beside me, being attentive—or it could be just to break the ice between us.

" Well, I was. But I forgot to ask Nanao-San if she has a rubber band or not. "
I combed through my long hair as they slipped pass the gap between my fingers.

" Hmm, will it be okay if it's just a simple string? "

" Huh? Oh, it's okay I guess. Actually, I think it will be really pretty. "
I glanced at man intrigued.

As we're having a walk to the library—that turned out to be still inside the first division building, the place where I'm staying—I stopped myself to appreciate the blue sky on top of us.

Why do I appreciate the sky instead the city's scenery? Because when I look at them from this high building, I can still see some ruins and wrecked road at some spots. If I look at them too long, my will to help them will only get stronger, and it will just go straight to the dumpster when the reality hit me with my current condition.

My help is not needed by them.

" Here, use this. "

The gust of the wind blew strands of my hair. A few dark brown strands even covered my pale face which stick on these lips. Those ash mauve eyes of Urahara-San, are staring at me
with such a look...

How sharp.

" What? You don't like it? "

" No, I think it will look good on my hair. Thank you for the help, Urahara-San. "
I take the ribbon with my free hand.

" Let's have a seat on that bench while you're tying your hair. "
He points at the bench a meters away from us.

What an odd coincidence, seriously right at the corner of the hall—alone. Actually, now that I look around, it's more like a long bridge rather than a hall, since it doesn't have any wall around us. Just this wooden floor and wooden plank for every meter.

We both than walked to the bench and sit down.

Whilst my hand busy making a knot here and there, Urahara-San seems staring at me with interested manner.

Oh, haha, he looks as if a kid who's witnessing some magic show. What a find!

" It seems like I'm constantly being helped by you, Urahara-San. "
I smiled politely—though I'm pretty sure it looks like a sly smile in his eyes this time.

" Huh? Oh, like what? "

" The cane, this ribbon... And perhaps some personal request from Sousuke-San regarding my arrival... I mean, you're always at the corner of my eyes when I really try to look around. It couldn't be a coincidence I believe? "
I glance for a second to man who fell into silence.

" You can keep the cane and the ribbon, I have the same cane as yours by the way, hehe. That's all you can thank for, Hasu-chan. "
The way he sounds just now, is really relaxed like he's doing all of this from his own will.

He take off his fisherman's hat and put it beside him. With a relaxed figure, he leaned forward a little as he look up to the clear blue sky—almost too clear that it's slightly missing its clouds.

Then what about my guess at the last question? Guess there's no need to ask further. Accidentally—due to thinking the similarity between us—I let out a giggle.