Pair of Shoes

From room to another room, but at least the previous room was better than this one. Not a matter of the interior, but it's because the occupant of this room is him.

In this rather spacious room, with bookshelf at every corner, two person standing before me as if they've been waiting for my arrival. I let out a quiet sigh remembering Urahara-San has done his job and left for the day.

Instead of Urahara-San, now there's a woman with up-do hair and glasses standing beside me. I take a look upon her a few times and I thought how beautiful she is. The woman have an up do hairstyle which giving an uptight and stern look. She's kind of remind me of my violin teacher back in human world. Does every woman in here have beautiful faces?

I hope Sousuke-San doesn't have any romantic history with the woman here, I mean... I'm most certain I'll lose in every aspect.

" You seems agitated. "
Kyoraku-San commented as if he's observing me the whole time from when I entered the room.

Though I didn't reply him, I'm pretty sure he knows the answer already. Perhaps, rather than feeling agitated, I'm more uncomfortable with him. He's a really strange man, and it's not strange in a good way.

Urahara-San is strange as well, and just from having a short conversation a few times with him, I can tell how silly but enjoyable he is. But this man who's sitting behind his desk, is different. I can tell he's good nature, but he is cunning as well. I know perhaps I'm just being bias because the recent event we're having in the hall room, but... Still...

" As what I said before, you're going to stay at my place as a guest and you'll be accompanied by a few attendants as well. Hope you'll enjoy your stay in-- "

" Until when, can I ask? "
I asked in a very firm tone, enough for him to raise an eyebrow in surprise.

" Well... It depends on the situation. "
He sharpened his gaze as if it's penetrating my mind.

Just like what I thought, what he means as his place... Is just a gilded cage for me.

" Will it be possible to have...umm... Negotiation? "
I know the slim chance, perhaps even thinner than a string of hair. But this time... It won't hurt to ask, right?

The woman beside him who's wearing all black is obvious on showing her surprise, a contradiction with the man in front me who's crossing his arms under his sleeve.

He didn't immediately answer, rather he leans on his chair casually and stare at me for a few seconds.

" Negotiation, huh? What do you have to offer when I have all the authority to ask you what to do? "

Ah.

He's right, unfortunately. I didn't think about that. It's a grieve mistake, I should stay low for now. Maybe I can ask Sousuke-San tonight.

" You're right. That was impudent of me, I apologize. "
I bowed to him slightly then the room back into silence.

" You know Hasu-chan... Do you really want to meet Aizen that much? "

" Yes, as definite as it doesn't need to be questioned. "
Noted the sarcasm.

" I see... Love really make you do crazy things, do you agree with it as well, Nanao-chan? "

Nanao-chan? Who is—

" I know nothing about love. But I'm pretty sure it's similar to your will of life when you're fighting in a battle. "
She's logical and sounds pretty uptight, but she seems pretty nice as well. So her name is Nanao-San.

" Ah... I see... That idiom was really sounds like something you would say, Nanao-chan. "
He snickered teasingly.

" It's better to be honest rather than pretend to know it all when you have never experienced the subject before

" It's better to be honest rather than pretend to know it all when you have never experienced the subject before. "
She emphasized as she eyeing sharply at the man.

The man just give his usual playful smile, yet this time seems hiding something behind it. At least, that's what his eye showing.o

" Oh yea, since you'll be staying at my place, you should greet Nanao-chan. She's my commander lieutenant together with Genshiro Okikiba, well the latter is not here but you'll meet the old man soon. "

I stand up from my seat and bowed to her.
" Good to see you, my name is Hasu Tsukiko, sorry for troubling you with my stay, I'll be in your care. "

For a moment the woman stares at me behind those thin glasses looking taken aback. Everyone seems to misunderstand me as a mere child before until I speak to them. That's normal for them to think like that as my appearance is... Well... Messy.

" Good to see you as well, I'm Nanao Ise. As what captain commander said before, I'm one of his co lieutenant and you're going to meet me often at the mansion. "

" I understand, thank you. Oh, can I ask something? "

" Yes, you can. What is it? "

" Does the lieutenants live in the same residence as the captain? "

" H-huh? Oh... Well, some of them are. But I'm staying at his place is because this laid-back-looking old man is my uncle. "

Now it's my turn to be surprised. It's nothing unusual, but... I don't know, I kind of didn't expect them would have an uncle and niece relationship—I almost thought they're husband and wife.

" Ouch, that's really harsh, Nanao-chan. "

" If you get hurt by it then you admit how lazy you are! Please get back to your work properly. "

Huh... Niece and uncle... They make a really nice team, haha.

Hmm... Now I understand, if I only look at Kyoraku-San alone, I'll think bad of him and feel uncomfortable because the painful rule given to me. But if I place Nanao-San beside him, he doesn't appear to be that uncomfortable. They complete each other just like every creature's fate, not being able to live alone.

If someday I have to explain my situation with Sousuke-San to other people, I'll use Kyoraku-San and Nanao-San as an example. Only looking at Sousuke-San alone will definitely give the evil image, but if I'm put beside him, then perhaps I can lighten the aura around him.

I'm glad I meet Kyoraku-San and Nanao-San, today I learn something new and important. So this is the first gift from this blessing, huh? I should've not judge this world so impatiently like that. Maybe I'm just a kid who died young, but I still born and grew in a battlefield of household.

I must... Think more carefully and decide for my next step.