Incompetence

The news came to me like a storm in spring. Hirako-San is going to accompany me to meet Sousuke-San? Why does it has to be him though? Why not just Kyōraku-San or Kurotsuchi-San? I mean, I can understand why if it's going to be one of the two. But Hirako-San? I don't quite get why it has to be him?

" I know you're probably now thinking, why the hell this handsome blonde has to accompany me?, right? "
He even imitate my voice with his broken-like-violin high voice.

" Not with the beautiful part though. "

" Shut up. Anyway, I don't know myself, even I want to know the valid reason behind this. Captain Commander only point me as your guard—or more likely as another back up if something unwanted happened under there. "

" That's what you get for acting so high and annoying when me and Houtsuki tried to explain ourselves at that time. Now you just gotta reap what you sow, heh. "

" Sheesh, I swear if you do something funny down there I'll be the first one to slice your head off. "

He seems serious enough. Probably he'd even do a demonstration of slicing off my head if given the time and place.

In the midst of our bickering, suddenly the woman who's been silent finally speak up her mind. However, it's something that we should expect.

" Captain Hirako, you should not speak like that to a sick person. Even if you do not like the job I'll be here to help you, captain. "

Ahh... she really doesn't know anything, does she?

" Hinamori-San, thank you for your concern but you see, actually I'm— "

" She's been sick since the day she arrived at Soul Society. No need to worry yourself with her, she won't die easily as well. "

Well... now it has become obvious to me that the captain actually protecting her scar from another threat—which is me. But if he really want to protect her then he should've not let her met me since the beginning.

" Say, Momo. Don't ya have other work to do than to follow me all day like a chickling? "

" W-what? I'm not following you because I want to as well, it's already my job, Captain Hirako. And if you're going to tell me like that, then you're basically saying every lieutenants are like chickling. "

"... Ah, well, you've opened my eyes, Momo. Now I can't ever see them in the same eyes anymore. Now you go back to your job desk and while you're at it don't forget to make me some coffee. "

" Sheesh! Sure sure, I'll make it especially bitter for you. "

After saying her excuse to everyone in the room, Hinamori-San then leave the room with silence. It's nothing to be surprised anymore, but I'm still intrigued as to why no one tells her about my real identity and who's the "lover" is.

" So? What's the reason? "
I asked as I try to get up.

" 'bout what? "

" She doesn't know anything about me yet still able to confront me? "
I scoffed.

Letting out a big sigh, he then make a sit of himself on the bed. Acting so close to me?

" Hah... not just her. Except the captains, no one knows about your identity, y'know? It will attract too much attention and risk if many people know about your soul being the Hougyoku's. Not only that, you love Aizen and want to meet him? Hah, the uproar won't even let you alive. That girl, Momo, was really eager to go back to her job, that's why she insist on following me the whole day. Saying she wants to know what she had missed. "