8. What's going on?

"Go ahead kiddo." I looked over at Patton and he smiled. " You can go back but please be careful of your wings. You still got a few days till they're good enough to fly."

I nodded and watched as Patton headed for town. He said he wanted to pick things up. Typical Patton, keeping everything stocked. He's basically been living here for god knows how long. Actually... when was the last time he went home? You know what it doesn't matter. I like having him near. Especially during the day. He makes it seem not as bad.

I looked up at the cliffside opening that was my home and cringed. I was healed when I was human... not exactly so when I'm a dragon. I shook myself slightly unfurling my wings as much as I could before the pain set in. I took one big downward motion with my wings lifting myself a good foot off the ground only for my wings to give out, making me fall. 

Patton was right. Flying is definitely off the menu. Which sucks because flying is one of the very few pleasant things about being a dragon. I looked back up at the cliffside and growled. I'm exhausted. I want to sleep. But who the hell am I going to get back into my fucking house!

I walked over and started to climb it. Why I'm doing this, I have no idea. I'm sure if I wasn't so damn tired I could figure out a better way but... I'm climbing so. I felt a rock crumble underneath my foot and I slid down, cutting myself on a ragged rock. I growled dragging my hurt leg up to a stable foothold and climbed until finally. I pulled myself up and over. I exhaustedly walked over to the center of the small area we made for me when I'm a dragon and just collapsed onto the floor, knocking over a lamp because I was too tired to see what I was doing.

"ROMAN DON'T HURT HIM!" I opened my eyes slightly at the sound of Patton yelling. Can't a guy sleep... Dragon sleep. Can't I sleep, there..."Please... Don't hurt him."

"It's a dragon, Pat. Why shouldn't I?" My eyes narrowed and I looked over to Roman standing there. Everything they were saying was all muddled with fatigue but I could see the fear in his eyes. 

"He isn't dangerous." Everything started to blur as sleep begged to take me back under.

"He's not dangerous? It's a dragon. They're all dangerous. My kingdom is about to go to war do you really think that I'm just going to let a threat like this g..."I pushed my head out against ROman's leg hoping I could help calm him. Why was he so upset? Why was he scared? Why...

"YOU NEVER SAID ABOUT A FUCKING DRAGON!" My eyes went wide again as I looked up to see Roman pissed. Everything snapped into place and I frowned. Why was he even here? God damn it, Patton... Roman glanced back towards the door and I my heart sank. He really is going to leave me.  Please don't leave...

"So?! Please..." I nuzzled against him again hoping he would look at me. Hoping he would see the pain and fear in my eyes, but he never did. He just left. He left me and Patton there, lost in thought. Patton came over and pet my nose, a sad smile on his face as I laid back down to sleep, tears in my eyes. "I'm sorry, Kiddo. I thought... I thought maybe I could get him to see."

"You'll away's be alone, Virgil." I growled as the sickening sweet lull of his voice echoed through the room. "You'll never find someone who loves you like I do."

"You don't love me. You want to possess me."

"Oh, come now, my sweet prince. You are worth so much more than that." The tears fell harder as his voice refused to leave me alone. I stretched out my wings crying out as pain shot down my spine from doing so, and covered my face with it. " And because of that, You'll never find a place where you belong. Stay with me willingly."

"Fuck you."

"Or stay with me by force!"