40. D-Dead?!

"Yes?"

"Has Roman come home?"

"Who is this?"

"Logan, just answer the question. HAS ROMAN COME HOME?"

"Virgil... No, he hasn't I thought he was with you. Did something happen?"

"I don't know... Just... Call me as soon as you hear anything. P-Please?"

"Of course, Virgil." 

Roman... Where are you?

I found myself in the cave looking around at the mess and frowning. Of course, he isn't here. Why would he have come here? I'm not thinking straight. I'm to frazzled and hurting. I gripped my stomach and leaned against the wall. I left him. I needed space and he listened... I left him and know he's hurt. Where is he?

"Hello, Virgil." My eyes widened as a familiar figure walked out of the shadows. "I've been waiting."

"Janus? What..." A sharp pain shot through my head and I gripped my head as the room started spinning. "What... What are you doing h-here?"

"I came to ask for you back. You know I love you right." I practically growled at him and he held his hands up in surrender. "I even bought you such a nice gift. But I guess... I just thought..."

"What? You thought what Jan?!" His eyes darkened and this sick smirk formed on his lips. I got this pit in my stomach and I wanted to run. 

"You have no one else, Virgil. Now that Roman's dead." It was like everything in me just shattered. I shook my head as I fell back into the wall sliding down to the floor. My vision was flashing, going from red to normal and back again. 

"N-No... that can't be. H-He can't... I w-would have felt it! I..." My eyes widened and tears fell from my face. I was in so much pain. I knew he was hurt but I didn't... I didn't think... "N̸̩͖̽ͅO̷̳̝͚͒̐͂!̷̨͕̙͛́́"

This blast of hot air burst through the room and Jan took a step back flinching. He's lying. He's a liar. Just like he calls himself. I can't believe him. HE'S LYING!

"Virgil?" He reached out and I narrowed my eyes. He just sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Suit yourself. You don't have to believe me, but it doesn't change that he's gone." He glanced out towards the cliff and frowned. "You can tell your king the war is over."

"What?" He smiled and shifted his feet.

"It was only ever about you, Virgil. I wanted you back. But you refuse... You even picked a rider." He smiled sadly and headed towards the door. "You'd never pick me now. Even with him dead and gone it seems. There's no point continuing a fruitless fight." He opened the door and I tensed up.

"Wait." He glanced back at me and I got very awkward. "How... How d-do you know he's dead?"

"Because... I was there." My eyes went wide and he laughed. "I was there at the ruins. I was the last one to see him alive." 

"T-That doesn't m-mean..."

"I was the one that killed him, Virgil!" I just stood there frozen as the air whipped around my in a complete overheated frenzy. "Go back to ruins and see for yourself, if you don't believe me that is." 

I just stared, looking at the blood on the ground and felt my body break. I didn't want to believe him. I didn't want to find out he had been telling the truth. I still went through. I still went back and now... Now I don't know what I'm feeling. I started sifting through the rubble, searching but not knowing for what. My hand moved through the debris and blood ignoring how it stuck to my hands until I touched something cold and metal. I felt the chain wrap around my fingers and I lifted it up to see my locket... ROMAN'S LOCKET... stained red with blood and everything went red immediately.

It's my fault... My... fault... Roman's dead... It's.... fault.... mine... He's gone... Dead... Goan and dead and... it's all my fault. I gripped my hair screaming out as the voices got louder and louder. He's dead because I left. He's gone... It's my fault... my... I left... and he's dead... He's gone... Roman's gone... Jan. 

"Jan..." I gripped the locked in my hand ignoring how it cut into my skin causing my blood to mix with his, and walked out of the ruins. I walked all the way back to the cave without so much as a single break. I put the locket on and wiped the tears from my face, not even bothering to wipe the blood off first, and just stood there staring at the closet.

I opened the closet for the first time in a while and pulled out a small box I had tucked away in the back. I never wanted to touch this ever again. I never wanted to see it. But I couldn't just get rid of it, it was too dangerous to toss. And it was mine, so it was my responsibility. I opened the box and the energy surrounding it reach out for me. As if calling out to me, to hold it... To use it. 

Romans dead. He's dead and your not. He's dead because you're not... because you chose him and not Jan. 

It's my fault... all mine... my... Roman's dead... My love... gone... fault... mine... My Disney Prince... Dead and gone... My Rider... My love... It's all my fault... I... It's... I grabbed my knife and this blast fire erupted through the room turning everything to an inferno. 

"Ȉ̶̡̓T̶̢̊͘'̸̰̑̏S̵͈̈́͜ ̶̺̐̃D̵̠̆͌E̸̲̚͝C̵̗̲̾Ȅ̵̛̜Ǐ̴̩̺͌T̶̨͛'̸̠̰̒͒S̸̠̈͌ ̵̡͛̓F̸̬̽͗A̷͖̐̍U̸̞͑̆L̴̪͊̍T̶̫͇̔!̶̢͆" I'll kill him... I'll rip him to shreds... I'll... I'll... "Í̵͎̗'̵̢̬̒L̵͈̟̽L̶͂̏͜ ̷͖͗B̸͚͓̂̏U̶͕̇̆R̷̳͋N̸̠͚̈́ ̷̥̼̄̇H̸͓̄̄Ì̷̞̾M̷̞͑͜ ̵̹͈̀́A̶͔̚͝L̶̻̺̓Ì̴̭͔V̸̖̙́͐È̸͕!̷͎̞̓"

I looked around the room at the chaos and smiled. I don't plan on coming back. I don't plan on ever coming back. Burn it all to ash! The fire roared around me getting higher as if responding to my thoughts and I started out the door. My thought's just kept returning to him... to Deceit. To the snake that killed my prince.

"J̸͔̍ö̶̗́ẖ̵͛n̷̻͛n̸͈̑y̸͖̏ ̵͉̊J̶̗͐o̴͍͂ḫ̷̂n̷̺̔n̸̜̈́y̶͍͝.̵̥̑.̶̪̏.̴͙̉" I smiled hearing my mothers words fill my head with nursery rhymes long since gone unheard. "C̵̖̕a̸̤͊u̴̜͌s̶̩̉i̴̩̊n̶̯̐ǧ̴̻ ̵̘͛ț̵́r̶̤͒õ̶̹ú̷̞b̸̢͠l̷͉͐ë̷̩.̷̼̋.̸̻͘.̵͉̎" I found myself walking down the path of the mountain lost in complete insanity. "C̷̰̎ḁ̶̍ų̴̓s̴̨̿i̶̪̊n̵̪͒g̷̙̓ ̷̫͝d̷̝̍e̶̹͋a̷̪͊ṯ̵̃h̶̭̕.̸̫̀.̶͎͐.̵̠̂" I smiled wickedly as this psychotic laugh ripped through me. "Y̸̩̌e̴̖͠ś̶̘.̶̼̿.̴̺̃.̴͓͂ ̵̰̈́m̸̘͗a̶̤͝m̴̢̆à̷̧!̴̼͝"