26. Things are going south.

It's been a while since I actually came back here. It's not like I had planned on ditching the king or anything. I've just felt like shit. Roman never stopped by in the morning like usual and when I called Patton he said he wasn't there either. My anxiety got the better of me. I couldn't stop worrying. I even got myself sick. But... Patton kept saying I had to get out. That Roman was strong and capable... That he'll be fine. 

It wasn't that I thought Roman was weak. It was more, that... I couldn't be there to help if he needed it. Edawin is at war! He could have gotten captured. God forbid Cassidy got him... My stomach started to turn again and I groaned as I walked inside. It was late yes but not that late.

I found Logan sitting there at the table beside Patton who was snacking on some cookies. I finally talked through with Patton and even told him he had a room if he still wanted it but... I think he's happy being here with. I wonder. Have they talked it out? I haven't gotten bitched at for spilling the prince beans yet. I just want them to be happy. 

Logan looked up at me and nudge Patton's arm. Next thing I knew Patton was running up to give me a hug. Of course, I felt like throwing up after. It's not his fault, I'm on edge. Logan narrowed his eyes at me as I sat down.

"Are you alright? You look... unwell."

"Oh leave him be Logi. He's just worried over Roman." Logan raised an eyebrow and I nodded.

"I'll be fine." When he comes home safely. I looked around and saw a lot of the staff with solemn expressions. "Why is everyone so down? Did something happen?"

"Father let Maria go. He said he's done with... with the uh..." Patton grabbed Logan's hand and Logan looked away.

"He said having a caretaker at this point would be pointless." Patton finished. I just looked back at the door and sighed. He is right though. This disease is horrible. I'd bet you anything he just didn't want her to see him break. "Logan's been looking through possible hospice care but..."

"I could do it." I said without even thinking. Logan looked up at me with confusion and I just shrugged. "I... I have experience with this disease."

"And what exactly makes you suitable hospice care for it?" My eyes darkened as I just looked at the table.

"It wouldn't be the first time." Patton got this sad look and Logan just looked guilty. I shook myself from my thoughts and smiled as best as I could given the circumstances. "I was going to be spending time with your father anyway. He asked me about a story. I just thought... To thank you for taking such good care of us."

"Roman asked me to... before he left." My eyes narrowed and I nodded. Patton just sat there eating his cookies unsure what to do. "I don't want you to feel like..."

"The best thing for your father right now is to as comfortable as he can be. I can promise you... I will take care of him."

"Oh let him do it, Logi." Logan looked over at Patton, who once again took his hand. "Who better to do it than someone who knows?"

"That is true..." He glanced back at me and I smiled as I slowly got up, ignoring the spinning room. "Are you sure you can..."

"Logan..." Patton drew his attention again and I quickly left before he could ask for something like credentials. It's not like I can prove that I dealt with it before. I just... did... with Lya. I got to the king's door and I froze. My chest was burning. I had to brace myself against the door as the room spun fast. Something was wrong. But I didn't know what. Roman was god knows where and I can't just go and see. I have a job to do anyway. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door before going in.