31. Night Terrors

"You were screaming... in your sleep. You were calling out for Lya... I didn't... I didn't know what to do." I just there looking at him as he shook. His eyes were glowing bright blue and I frowned. "I didn't know what to do. You weren't waking up."

"Jesus, I'm sorry. I-I didn't even realize I fell asleep." He wiped away the tears again and hugged himself. His eyes were still glowing bright blue and I pulled him in for a hug. I set him off without even realizing. I was asleep how could I have known. "I'm ok. I really am. It was just a nightmare."

"B-But... You called for her." He pulled away and looked off to the side. "You haven't done that since... since you told me about my..." Just say it. 

"Your powers?" He nodded and I ran a hand through my hair. "I really am sorry..." I felt myself yawn and Patton frowned. "I really am ok though."

"Ok. I actually came to tell you that, Logan wanted to talk to everyone, so..." He refused to meet my eyes and I sighed.

"Ok." I watched as Patton left not even bothering to close the door. I don't know what to do. It's not like I meant to fall asleep. Or to have a nightmare. I just did. I picked myself off the bed and swayed a bit. I was exhausted. I had been up every morning with Roman for the past month. It totally fucked my sleep schedule. I've been crashing here at the castle for so long now because of it Patton's pretty much gave me his room. Where he sleeps now I have no idea. 

I made my way into the office and frowned. Logan was looking through his papers completely oblivious to the fact that I was there. That's ok... I didn't really want to be here anyway. I wanted to sleep. I walked over to the couch and sat, looking up at the ceiling in boredom. I wonder why Logan wanted us all here anyway. It's not like I'm any actual importance to them. Kingdom wise I mean. I'm just some stranger from a cave. I mean I'm Roman's dragon but... Patton's the only one who knows that. I turned and rested my head in my hand and sighed. I was tired. Really tired... Maybe I should get a coffee or something? I don't know.

I just kept thinking about my dream. Well, memory really. It was the Lydia snapped. The day she left us... because of me. That was also the day that... that I truly became a dragon. And not just the firestarter.

Firestarter... That's who I was. The Druid Firestarter. Ironic huh. I became a dragon. Not really ironic. I was a monster. I was a monster even before Lydia. All she did was block my control. If I can't control my power... I can't hold back the monster I was becoming.

I can't...

"Virgil?!" I opened my eyes to see the moon high in the sky and I groaned. When did it turn to night? The sun was still... I winced in pain as I I moved. I looked down to see this massive gash down my leg and I started to shake. When did I get hurt? What... "VIRGIL!"

"H̵e̵.̵.̷.̸" I stopped and looked away. Don't talk. Don't let them hear the glitch. I grabbed the tree beside me and pulled myself up, using the tree to hold my self up.  I looked around and froze. I was... I was in the great forest. Why was I in the great forest? I never... I never wanted to be... I stumbled back, gripping my hair and felt someone grab me. I spun around and lashed out only for them to catch my fist.

"Well, at least you didn't try to burn me." I opened my eyes to see bright curly red hair and I smiled.

"A̵v̶.̵.̴.̸" I frowned and Avery pulled me into a hug. I hated my voice. I hated the glitch. I hated the fire. I hated myself. I started to shake as I broke down and Avery just held me tighter.

"Hush now, Hot Topic. I got you." She picked me up and I latched onto her. I felt as she carried me off. "You had us all scared. Virgil... Do you..." There was this loud crack and she froze.