28. This is it.

"Hello, again brother." I walked in, brushing my hand against the dusty shelves filled with toys and trinkets. Sam just stood there watching outside the doorway. I was right. It was intact, and who would want to steal old toys. I smiled a little as I picked up this small wooden train and placed it back on the shelves. "I know it's been a while. Your probably mad."

Sam just stayed quiet not even asking if I had lost my mind. The answer was yes, but I lost it a long time ago. This was nothing in comparison. I brushed my hand over the old rocking chair and my eyes lit up. I would sit in this for hours reading books out loud for him. Father never liked me spending time in here. Mother didn't give a shit. Then again, she never did when he was alive either. 

I heard something pop behind me and I sighed. Sam nearly jumped out of his skin. I turned around to see a family picture shattered on the wall. Mothers image was completely burned through and the heat snapped the glass. Typical...

"Hey, uh... why are we here again?" I turned to look at Sam and I frowned.

"I thought you wanted something to pass down." He narrowed his eyes in confusion and I just sighed. I walked over to this trunk felt my hands start to shake as I unlatched it. "Hey, Sam... Can you come here for a minute, please?"

"What do you need?" I looked over to see him kneeling down and I moved over slightly. I opened the trunk to reveal clothes. It was only the top layer though. What I want is underneath everything. 

"Can you take everything out?" He shot me a confused look, but I kept staring at the trunk. "Please If I do it then..." Then it'll all burn.

"Ok." I watched as he pulled out one of Mothers dresses and grandfathers favorite hat. He didn't know where to put it but I honestly couldn't care less. I looked away and he placed it neatly on the floor beside him. He pulled out more clothes and some shoes. I watched as he started to pull out a hoodie and I stopped him. I took it from his hands and held it up. "What?"

"I thought they got rid of this." It was a purple hoodie that was way out of fashion. My parents hated it so much they told me they burned it. I guess they just shoved it with all the other things they wanted to forget. I put it beside me and Sam just shook his head as he continued to pull the rest of the things out. when it was completely empty Sam just shot me a look.'

"Now what." I rolled my eyes and started to feel the bottom seam of the trunk. "What are you..."

"S̶h̵u̵t̷ ̸u̸p̷.̸" He clammed up and I smiled as my fingers brushed up against a loose piece of fabric. I pulled it back and saw Sam's face go white. I'm not actually destroying anything so calm yourself. I heard something move and I reached in, feeling my hands brush against a small metal chain. "It's still here."

"What is?" I lifted the chain up to reveal a small locket. Sam's eyes went wide and I just rolled my eyes. There really wasn't anything special about it. All it was, was a locket my grandfather gave me, his father gave him, and his father gave him... so on and so forth. Like I said nothing special. "What..."

"It's a locket, dumbass." He shot me this look again and I just shoved the thing in his hands. I stood up grabbed the hoodie and left, not even bothering to say anything.

"Hey... fuck. WAIT UP!" I rolled my eyes but stopped when I heard the sound of something breaking. "Dude I said..."

"SHUSH!" Sam froze instantly. I slowly turned around to see him standing there, fear written all over his face. I looked up to see this piece of broken flooring dangling haphazardly above him. Shit...  I have to think.. I have to... Sam took a step forward and I felt the floor shake and crack. It's like we're on fucking thin ice. Damn it. "Don't move Sam."