46. What's the point of this?

"Thomas?" I barely whispered it as I made my way over. I watched as a younger me jumped out of the shadows with this huge grin on his face. Thomas nearly fell right out of bed.

"Virgil! Don't scare me like that." Thomas cried as he crossed his arms and pouted. I just smiled seeing how he was clearly trying to hold back a grin.

"Oh... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." The younger me just rubbed his arm anxiously and Thomas frowned. 

"You big dummy. I was kidding! I wasn't scared. I'm not scared of anything." 

"Oh yeah, not even a... SPIDER!" The younger me yelled as he pointed at the Thomas looking scared. Thomas screamed as he started to swat the area around him. The younger me just laughed as Thomas froze red with embarrassment. "Yep totally not scared of anything." 

"Spiders don't count. They're creepy crawly death dealers." I looked away from the scene in front of me and walked over to Aimon with a frown.

"What's wrong? I thought you would be happy to see your brother again." He called as I leaned up against the wall with him. I couldn't even look up at them. Thomas... He looked so happy. So did I? Of course I did. I was always happy when I was with him. "Virgil?"

"Why did you bring me here? You obviously had a reason."

"To show you that your brother loved you unconditionally. He was proud of you." I laughed and glared at him watching the red seep into the background.

"He died before it ever got bad." 

"Ok, maybe Thomas wasn't the best choice." Aimon sighed and waved his hand through the air. It wavered and warped until I found myself standing in another familiar room. Logan's bedroom. My eyes went wide and I looked over at Aimon who just pointed over to the bed. Patton was sitting up in bed holding onto a tattered blue cloth. I haven't seen him since before I went blind. "Patton..." His eyes remained closed but he moved his head up and to the side like he had heard me. That's impossible. He couldn't have... wait. "Patton?"

"Virgil?" I ran over to him in total shock. He did hear me? How is it possible? How...

"This is real time and that young man is the clairvoyant." Aimon bowed to Patton despite not being seen and smiled. "He's the only Druid connected to all of us."

"Hello again, Aimon." Patton called out as he wrapped the cloth around his eyes. "It' been... centuries?"

"Indeed, my young druid. I'm glad to see you've reunited with your mother and me, Charlie... Sorry, Patton." Aimon took his hat off and sat down in one of the empty chairs beside the bed. I was confused, to say the least.

"I'm sorry... What?" Patton started to laugh and he 'looked' over my way.

"I'm sorry Virgil. It must be confusing. It's just..."

"This young man is able to remember every past life he's ever had now that he's awakened. It's his unique gift. Such as yours is the ability to turn into back into a dragon. I knew his original incarnation as well." I was still confused. I sat down on the bed and Patton tilted his head in confusion.

"D-Do... Do y-you... Do you remember being Lya?" I don't know why I asked that. I don't even know if I believe what he said but... I don't know.

"Virgil... Why do you ask?" I just shook my head forgetting he can't see me and stretched myself out.

"No reason."

"You're lying." Aimon started laughing again and I groaned. This is why I always told him to stay out of my head. He's a fucking human lie detector. "Language."