38. I CAN SEE! HOW?!

I felt warmth surround me and I smiled. The smell of Chocolate chip cookies? It's like this weird fusion of Roman and Patton. Why... I slowly opened my eyes and winced at the bright light. I was taken back by the colors and the room. I looked down to see Roman sitting in a chair, sleeping with his head against the bed. I wasn't in that room anymore... I looked around and smiled. I couldn't believe it. I could see. I could actually see. I moved the blankets slightly and hoped off my bed careful not to wake Roman up. He's been sleeping an awful lot lately. I wonder why.

"Virgil?" I spun around to see Logan standing in the doorway. A look of guilt in his eyes. "I see you're up."

"Yes... Are you ok?" He raised an eyebrow at me and I looked away. "You look sad."

"Look?" He pointed to his eyes and I nodded, a look of relief filled his features and he smiled. "That's good new. Patton will be..." He stopped and looked down at Roman. "He'll be happy to hear."

"Where is Patton?" He looked back at me with a sad look and I frowned. "Logan?"

"He isn't well. I'll let him know you asked for him though. For now, he should rest. Besides, I'm sure my brother will want to spend as much time with you as he can. Now that you're all better." Patton's sick? That makes no sense. How could Patton be sick? Roman didn't tell me...

"V-Vir..." I turned around to see Roman stir and Logan sighed.

"Well, that's my queue to leave. I bid you and my younger brother a nice night." His eyes darkened and he left closing the door behind him, causing Roman to jump up at the sound. His eyes went wide as he looked around until he saw me and stopped.

"Virgil? Is everything ok?" I smiled and nodded as he walked over and pulled m into a hug. I looked up at him with this big smile on my face and reached out towards him. "What..." I pulled him in close and kissed him. It was like the world melted away. I felt my whole body heat up and for the first time, it wasn't out of anger or fear. He pulled away red as an apple and at a complete loss of words. "What was that for?"

"I missed you." He smiled and lead me over to the bed again. That's when I noticed his hair. He had it in away that covered his eye. Why? I narrowed my eyes and he looked away. I reached out and he tried to push my hand away but I still managed to brush his hair back. "Roman, what happened to your eye?"

"I... I had a bit of a fight... with Logan." I looked back towards the door and frowned. That was why he looked so guilty. "I had it coming. It was well deserved."

"Don't say that. I'm sure it wasn't that bad." He cringed and looked away causing me to get even more worried. "What did you do?"

"You know let's not..." I shot him a dirty look and he flinched. "Patton came to me for some help. I didn't refuse... and... Logan wasn't happy."

"I don't understand." He placed his hand on my cheek and brushed away the tears I didn't even know were there.

"You don't have to." He looked at my leg and smiled brightly. "You're all healed up." He pulled me up and nearly dragged me to the door. "So how about that date, huh?"

He actually did it. For a second I was scared he would refuse but... Here we are standing in front of the Roe Ruins and I'm happy. I took his hand and led him inside with a smile on my face. Roman was ecstatic when I told him I could see again. Though... something is telling me he already knew. He's holding something from me and I didn't like it. But... Patton told me I can't expect him to let me in if I don't do the same. So that's what I'm going to do...

Then I'll know for sure if he truly loves me. Like I love him.

"Virgil..." I looked back to see Roman with this worried look. We were walking into the ruins and the last time I was here I caused a bit of damage... I even ended up getting his grandfather hurt... I looked away and frowned. Maybe it's not so much a good thing to mention that his boyfriend knew his grandfather... and almost got him killed. I watched as Roman stepped further inside with this look of awe in his eyes. "So this is where Grandfather got the locket from."

"The what?" I froze and he looked back at me confused. I saw his eyes widen a bit before reaching below his shirt and pulling out a locket. MY LOCKET! The one I gave Samuel. The king... He said he never got it... I never thought to ask if one of his sons did. "He passed it down to you?"

"Sorry?" I reached out and smiled as I looked up at Roman. I could tell he wanted to ask something but didn't and my smile dropped. 

"Nevermind..." I walked on ahead ignoring Roman's confusion and just continued on. I was here for a reason. Two reasons but the first was my brother... I had to do something for him first. Before I dropped the ball on Roman. "This way. We need to find the Vault."