Chapter Two: The Origin.

Maia's POV:

Right, so it’s been an hour since I got introduced to my new “roommates’ and I already wanted to hit, kill and kiss them all. I mean they did threaten to put me in endless sleep of doom but then they were so captivating. I tried to get some information out of them but they were as confused as I am.

“Wait, explain it again,” I asked.

Wrath rolled his eyes, causing red clouds to be formed in his pupils, “in Hell, we are divided into sections. Each one of us has our own ‘army’ that helps us, but they aren’t powerful, they just feed off our power. We work underneath Lucifer and The Grim Reaper, so they don’t let us leave Hell often. We only leave Hell once a year, 31st October. You call this day ‘Halloween” but it is, for us, the birth of the Devil, Lucifer. Upon leaving Hell, on that day, our power doubles and we are able to cause mass chaos. However, if we leave on any other day, our power halves.”

“When your power doubles and halves, what can you do?” I asked, my curiosity getting the best of me.

“On the day of the Devil, if we wanted to, we can destroy the whole planet or maybe the whole solar system, if we are lucky. On any other day, I’d say a good continent or two,” Wrath replied.

My heart began to pound. When their power is halved, they can wipe out continent or two. I really hope they don't decide to unleash their powers onto the world. These sins can cause you to do horrible things to the people around you, more specifically me. But something bothered me, if they were that powerful, then why don’t I feel anything.

As if Lust read my mind, he answered, “we aren’t doing anything at the moment, that’s why nothing is happening to you,” he grinned, a cat-like grin, “would you like me to demonstrate?”

I remained silent, mainly because I wanted him to “demonstrate” but I didn’t want to say yes. Suddenly I wanted to slap that grin off his face. I could feel my blood boiling and my face heating up. I tried to calm myself down but I felt so much rage and fury that my vision began to blacken. Memories that I wanted to forget came rushing back and made me for furious.

Envy barked a laugh, “stop it Wrath, before she explodes.”

My heart eased down and I leveled my breathing. Whatever that was, I didn’t want to do it again. I looked over at Wrath who remained as he is, unfazed. He smiled innocently as I groaned and stormed off.

I slumped on my bed and closed my eyes. Gosh, what have I gotten myself into! At that moment, I realized how hungry I was, so I sighed and grabbed my coat. I couldn’t stay in here anymore or I was going to go crazy. I walked over to the door without sparing them a glance. I could feel all seven pairs of eyes on me as I reached the door.

“I am going out for a bit. Do not go into my room or I swear I will end all of you,” I said, while my back was against them, “there is food in the kitchen.”

***

Joshua's POV:

I sat in my house wondering what Maia was up to. She usually calls me around this time but strangely, I hadn’t heard from her. I decided to go to her house as she is only a block away. I grabbed my coat and headed down the familiar path. I looked over at the houses as I walked the same path I walked on for the past ten years. I memorized the path like the back of my hand and every detail was so familiar to me.

Maia and I have been friends for about ten years now so it's safe to say that I know her well enough. I stopped in my tracks. The air felt thicker and more mysterious. The world seemed to darken up a bit but I shook it off.

I walked passed one of Maia’s neighbors, who was very nice to be around. I greeted him from across the street to which he replied with an obscene gesture and threw a few colourful words at me. Confusion welled up in my brain but everyone had bad days. The thought lingered in my head but I shoved it aside.

I reached Maia’s and knocked on the door but no one answered. The door was left ajar so I pushed it open. I removed my coat and shoes to be greeted by seven men on the couches. I stared at them and cleared my throat. Every single head turned and a tall man walked up to me and grinned.

“Who are you? Why are you in this house?” I asked.

“Maia knows we are here,” said the pale man, laying on the couch.

“How do you know Maia?” I asked.

“Stop worrying, it ruins your pretty face,” commented the tall man.

“P-pretty face?” I asked in confusion and disbelief.

He grinned at me and winked, “Let’s have some fun with him.”

***

Maia's POV:

I’ve been away from home for an hour and I didn’t want my house to get burnt down by them because they were alone. I swung my door open to find the sins sitting on my couch and my best friend, Joshua, collapsed on the floor.

I dropped all my things and ran to him, “Joshua! What did you guys do?”

“Nothing, we just had a little fun,” Greed explain, “we toyed with his head, apparently it exhausts humans. So weak you are. He’ll be fine. I think.”

“What do you mean ‘I think?’” My anger began to rise. I looked at Wrath who looked bored as hell.

“Is he religious?” Gluttony asked.

“Yes.” I simply state because I knew that if I spoke more I would get angry.

“That’s why. Religious people do not accept the existence of the sins so his brain needs a moment to restart. Give him some time. He isn’t dead, just in case you were wondering.”

I gaped at them but they remained unbothered. I looked at my unconscious friend and back at the sins.

"What exactly did you do to him?" I asked.

"It's a shame really. Such a pretty boy," Lust commented, "but alas, he was weaker than you. We just used our powers on him, all at the same time. We made him do things, which we should probably leave to your imagination."

My jaw dropped as I heard what Lust said. Looking over at all the seven men, I realised that this isn't going to be easy. The only way this would work out is by cooperation and well listening to them. I've lived my whole life for myself and I don't plan on changing that.

I sat down next to my best friend and held his hand. I could feel the eyes of the sins burning holes in my back but I ignored them. My friend was more important.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Author's note:

Oh my gosh! What is this horrible chapter!! I swear I'll try harder to make the next chapter better.

Cry

Lxrxib