Chapter Twenty-five: The Meaning.

Authors Note:
So you guys need to recall Maia's vision for this chapter. I'll have it written here if you guys can't remember what happened.

The first thing I saw was my mum. Valerie Sterling. She sat in front of me holding the hands of a man. Dad? Was that my father? It can't be. Leonardo Sterling had left me at the age of six but here I am, eighteen years of age, standing in front of both my parents.

My mum's hazel eyes gleamed with happiness. Her long black hair was tied into a bun as her held hands with my dad. He sat there, smiling with his blue eyes. His black hair was swept back as he caressed my mother's cheek.

"Don't touch her!" I yelled, "you don't deserve to touch the cheeks that were stained with the tears you caused."

"Maia, calm down," my mum spoke. Oh how angelic her voice was, "I never cried because of your dad!"

"Of course you did! You died! And dad left us!" I yelled, crazily.

"Honey, what are you talking about?" My dad, no, Leonardo asked.

"No! Don't you honey me! Don't you remember?" I fantically yelled.

"Maia, take a deep breathe in, nothing happened. I'm alive see? Dad is still here!" My mum consoled.

"No! This is fake. You died because of cancer! You left us. Where's Joshua?" I asked.

"Joshua? That pastor kid?" Leonardo asked.

"Yes! He's my best friend."

"You've never even talked to him before. How is he your friend?" Leonardo said.

I stumbled back. Joshua isn't my friend? I never met him. This isn't real, Maia. I need to get out of here.

The scene dissolved and I was floating in emptiness.

Falling...

Falling...

Falling...

Falling...

Just Falling.

Right so now on with the chapter...

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"How do you know about my vision?" I asked.

"Darling," he purred, "I know everything. When I say everything, I mean everything."

"Even love and happiness?" I pushed.

His eyes became distant, "yes...Even love and happiness."

He remained in silence for sometime as he regained his thoughts, "now as I was saying...you saw your parents, right?"

"Yes."

"What do you think that means?"

"I miss my pare- my mum?"

"And your dad, Maia. I know you miss him, deep down you want to know why. Why he left you? Why? I know why but I don't think I'll tell you, it'll ruin the fun now will it?" He smirked.