Chapter Forty-seven: The Solution.

I needed to talk to someone before I told the Virtues about my decision. I knew exactly who I should tell. I willed for my wings to spread and flew across Incompertus, making my way to the black palace. I landed in front of the gates, pushing them open. I had gotten used to the sounds of Hell. I searched for the Sins all around the palace, when I found them in the throne room. They were talking amongst each other, so I decided to clear my throat to get their attention. All their eyes turned to me, crinkling from smiling.

"What brings you here?" Sloth asked.

"I wanted to ask you guys something. You've become so close to me and I trust you guys so I wanted to tell you first," I informed.

"Oh my goodness, you're pregnant!" Lust squeaked.

"What?!" Wrath yelled.

"Oh Lord give me strength," I whispered, "no I'm not pregnant. I-"

"You want to get pregnant?" Lust asked, side-eying Wrath.

My eyes widened, "no Lust this has nothing to do with dating, sex or pregnancy."

Relief flashed on Wrath's face, "so what do you want to talk about?"

"Well, you know the virtues don't have a leader anymore and they do need a leader, so they happened to, I don't know, ask me to be their new leader?" I spilled, "so I wanted to ask if it's a good idea, like should I agree?"

"Maia..." Greed stated.

"Dude that's awesome!" Envy congratuted.

"You should take it!" Gluttony yelled.

"Really?" I asked, looking at Wrath.

He smiled, but that smile never made it to his eyes, "of course!"

He cleared his throat, "excuse me, I need to go ummm.... change my shirt," he walked away. Lust gestured with his eyes to follow Wrath. I got up to follow.

***

I found Wrath in his room, standing on the balcony. My presence seemed obvious because he turned around, calling me to stand with him. I joined him. We stood on the balcony, staring out into the open. I looked over at Wrath, who was busy absorbing the surroundings. It looked...peaceful, for once.

"I miss him, you know. Lucifer," Wrath said, dazed. I stared at him, waiting for him to continue.

"I know he is a bastard and he deserved to die, but sometimes, he acted like a father. I know it's hard to believe but...He can act like a dad once in a million years. When I heard your speech, I realised it too, that behind all that, he still was my father, whether I liked it for now," he paused, "why is it whenever we open up to each other, it's on a balcony."

I laughed, looking at the boy in front of me. He's back. The same boy I...I fell in love with. I noticed his eyes roaming my body and settling on my lips. I parted them slightly, wanting to say something but nothing came out.

He said in a hoarse whisper, "kiss me." He paused, licking his lips, "please."

I stared at him, unable to move. I could feel him getting impatient. He leaned forwards, pressing his lips on mine. I froze for a split second, before melting into the kiss. His lips fit into mine like two puzzle pieces. One of my arms was around his neck, holding him and the other was in his hair, holding his head, keeping him near me. His arms were holding my waist, holding me tight against his body. I forced myself to pull away from him, backing up against the railing of the balcony.

"Wrath...if I take this job, I can't be with you," I panted, craving him, wanting more.

"You're going to be the leader of the virtues; make a new rule. I want you to be happy but I want you. I-I need you, Maia. Please," he begged.

He advanced, placing his hands on either side of me, holding onto the railing of the balcony, trapping me in between his arms. He leaned in, sealing the kiss. I was desperate, so I deepened the kiss, pulling him closer. This wasn't a closed-mouth kiss, the kind you'd during your first kiss, this was an open-mouth kiss, a hungry kiss, almost sexual. We pulled away, resting our foreheads on each others, panting.

"Are you sure?" I asked, "will they allow me?"

"Since when do you listen to people, Captain?" Wrath asked.

I grinned, "well then, I guess you're right.

***

I went back to Heaven, informing the Virtues that I'm going to take the job.

"I'll take it on one condition: that rule that states captains can't have relationships with demons should be revoked."

I took some persuading to do but I managed to ease them up to the idea. They would consider it. My ceremony is going to be in two days, so I'm going to have to make some arrangements; armour, invites, etc. The first people I want to invite are the Sins, obviously. I got out a paper and wrote to Wrath.

My ceremony of acceptance is going to be in two days. I really want you all to be there for me. I hesitated before adding: I love you.

Maia xx

A few moments later, Wrath replied with:

Of course we'll be there for you Maia! I love you too! I'm going to give you a special gift that nobody else can ;)

Wrath.

I could practically feel him smirking on the other end, as I blushed. I placed my pen down, checking the time and heading to bed.

It going to be a long two days.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Authors Note:

Finally! Wrath and Maia got together! Yippeeeee!

Lxrxib.