Chapter Foreteen: The Chalice.

"Hey," he greeted.

I welcomed him inside and he flopped on my bed, nearly throwing me off the bed. He sighed and I understood why. I really didn't want to bring up the topic but I needed to know what was at stake if we didn't find the chalice.

"What happens if you don't find the chalice?" I asked. His expression turned dark and sad. It was as if he was remembering things that pained him to remember.

"If we something small, like show emotions, Father would cut off our arm or leg as punishment. Even though we are demons, we still feel the pain like humans. Wrath went through the worst pain since he was more human. If we didn't use our powers, he would throw us in The Fields of Incompertus, which is a place in between Heaven and Hell for people who don't deserve either. He threw us, demons, in Incompertus with heavy weights tied to our arms, legs and back and he made us walk all the way back. If we don't find the chalice, I have no idea what he will do," Lust explained. He was on the verge of tears but I could feel like he was trying to hold them back, "I want to protect my brothers against anything, but Father... He would...kill me. I try not to cry but I guess sometimes it is hard to hold it in."

I placed my hand on his knee, "I may not be able to relate to your pain, but I know what's it like to feel pain. Silent tears hold the most pain, I get you Lust. I really do. Crying is the way to let your heart speak when your words can't explain the pain you are feeling. Pain changes people."

"I wish I could hurt him the way he hurt me. But I know if I get the chance, I wouldn't do it. I lived my life in the mold he created for me so I became happy. I lived a happy unhappy life. I learnt that everything is going to be alright, maybe not today but eventually it will."

"You deserve to be happy Lust. You deserve to live the life you dream of. All of you," I told him.

He smiled and a lone tear fell from his eyes, "thank you Maia, you have no idea what that meant to me. Joshua is really lucky to have you as his girlfriend."

"Whoever you end up with is going to be the luckiest person alive," I replied.

Lust got up and walked over to my bookshelf, "wow! That is a lot of books, you like reading?"

"Yup! I've counted three hundred and one books," I answered.

He continued to examine my room and made his way to my balcony and sat down on the sofa I had there. The wind rippling his hair, making it adorably messy. I laughed and sat next to him.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure."

"You remember when we went to the bank and you seduced that guy?"

"Yeah, so?"

"Do you feel weird when doing that? I mean he is a guy...not that I have anything against that. I am a LGBTQ supporter."

"I've gotten to used to doing it that now it doesn't bother me anymore. It's amusing to see the reactions. My powers don't give them ideas, it simply stimulates the thoughts in their head, so whatever they say or do comes from their own mind. It is amusing to see how far my influence takes them."

"Huh, that's...weird,"

We sat on the balcony, talking to each other about everything and anything. It felt so normal talking to him, he felt like a long time friend. I noticed that he began to laugh more open and that he moves around a lot when he is laughing. He fell off the sofa multiple times while laughing, I'm scared that he might fall off the balcony. I shivered as a strong gush of wind attacked me.

"Let's go in," he offered. We made our way into my room and I sat down. He looked around a bit more and stopped in front of my table.

"Hey, can I see this?" Lust asked, while pointing to my memory jar.

"Sure, it's just a memory jar," I explained.

He grabbed the memory jar and it burned with bright light that blinded me. Lust dropped the jar and looked at it. It was still the same. He held it again and it began to glow different colours until it stopped and in Lust's hand wasn't my memory jar, it was a black jar with golden detailing all around it. I could feel the thickness of the air change.

"M-malum..." Lust trailed off.

"What?!" I yelled.

"I-it's the c-chalice," he said in shock, "w-we found it."

"Why is it in my room?" I asked in my head.

Lust and I made eye contact for a few seconds before running downstairs to the sins.

"Guys!" Lust yelled at the top of lungs.

"What?! Is that the Malum?" Wrath asked.

I nodded as everyone swarmed us asking questions. I guess everyone was relieved that we found it and worried on how will we reach Hell in time, so they didn't bother asking why it was in my room. I asked how to get to Hell and Envy told me to book tickets to Hawaii because that's where the entrance is in the US. The only flight available is tomorrow at nine in the morning so there is no point is staying awake.

Everyone was extremely happy so I could still hear them talking downstairs while I was in my room. I texted Joshua to tell him we found the Malum.

Hey, we found the chalice.

Shut up really?!

Yeah, you know my memory jar?

Yeah

It was my memory jar...

It was the jar?

Yup

How come?

No idea...

So when are we leaving?

I booked the flight for tomorrow at nine.

K...sleep now Maia.

Alright. Night Josh ❤️

Bye. Love you ❤️
Last seen at 00:43am

I turned off my phone and closed my eyes. I soon drifted off to sleep and I dreamt.

I stood in a field, sweat dripping off my face as I looked around. I knew I was looking for something but I couldn't exactly pinpoint what.

"Did you find it?" a boy called.

"No! Pride did you find it?" someone else called.

A boy who looked like a miniature version of Pride walked into view and wiped his sweat, "no luck."

"If we don't find it then Father will keep Wrath locked in the carcerem," a young looking Envy informed.

The scene suddenly shifted and I was in a poorly lit room. The only sounds I could hear was the sound of water dropped colliding with the floor and the soft sobs of a boy. I approached the sounds and I saw a boy huddled in the corner, soaking wet and shivering. His face was caked in mud and his hair was stuck to his face with sweat. I could hear his bones rattling in his body. When he breathed out, smoke came from his mouth. He gulped and closed his eyes. Slowly, fire formed from his hands as he lit something on fire to warm himself. With the extra light, I could see his face.

Wrath...

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Author's note:

So HOW WAS THE REVEAL OF THE CHALICE?? I'll explain the prophecy in the next chapter when Maia is on the plane. Also sorry for the pervious chapter...I know it sucked.

Sorry the dream was a bit sad but you know...Satan is a little bitch.

Anyways, you'll be meeting the virtues soon and prepare for more plot twists.

Incopertus means unknown or undiscovered.

Carserem is jail.

Lxrxib.