Chapter Thirty: The Reappearance.

I thought it had been the end. It was the end. I knew it was. I woke up and decided to visit my boyfriend. It's been three months since my journey with the sins and the memory is fading. I don't want to lose the memories of that time but it's inevitable. I've been pushing the thoughts of them away for far too long and now...they are almost gone from my memories. However there isn't a day that goes by when I don't ask, do they remember me? Do they still remember me?

I walked out of my house, going towards Joshua's. I could feel he is affected as well but whenever I bring up the topic, he pushes it away.

Reaching my boyfriends home, I noticed his door was open. Uneasy, I pushed the door open to hear a girls voice coming from his room. Her voice was so familiar but so foreign. I felt something ticking in my brain, as if an old box has been open once again. I slide open the door when the voices quieted down. I peaked through the slit, saw a girl with red hair and she was in a white dress. I recognised the tattoo on her. Kindness.

I looked closer and saw that Kindness was kissing my boyfriend. I felt my heart shatter, yet I felt...glad? I don't know! What I do know is that my boyfriend is cheating on me and he isn't even pushing her away. I swung the door open and they both were startled.

"M-m-maia?" He stuttered.

"M-m-maia," I mimicked, "what? Your tongue seemed to be working a few seconds ago when you, my boyfriend, is kissing someone else!"

"N-no! I-" He started.

"I don't want to hear it, Joshua. You know my history with cheating. I don't want your explanation. I want to know why?"

"You see Maia," Kindness answered.

"You, zip it," I threatened. I didn't care if I was taking to a virtue.

"Listen to me Maia!" Kindness commanded, her rune glowing red, "I am a virtue! Everything I do, I do for a reason. I did an act of Kindness for you and for Joshua."

"What?" I snarled.

"You don't want him now do you?" Kindness asked, pointing at Joshua. He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"No," I whispered, "no I don't."

"I did an act of kindness for you because your heart is stuck on one man and you can't have him because you are bound to Joshua. I did an act of kindness for Joshua because he fell in love with me."

"What?" Joshua and I asked.

"Admit it Joshua, you fell in love with me the moment you saw me."

He turned red, signaling that what she said was true. It clicked. That's why he was acting all weird around her!

"Josh, why? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"It took you so long to become my girlfriend that I didn't want to lose you. I truly love you Maia, but...I didn't think you'd love me back."

Tears began forming in my eyes. I didn't know what to do. Suddenly, I stopped. I stopped tearing up. I looked up at Kindness, taking note of her worried stance.

"Why are you here, Kindness?" I pushed.

She noticed that I figured out she wasn't here for Joshua, "something is going on. Really bad. Lucifer...He...I can't tell you Maia. Come with me to Paradise and they'll explain it to you. There is someone you have to meet."

"What is Lucifer doing?" I asked, worry filling my heart.

She paused, thinking of what to say, when she finally spoke, "He is declaring war on Heaven."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Authors Note:
Right so this is the world's shortest chapter. I'm planning on uploading another chapter today but I don't know. I know it's short but I wanted a cliff hanger like this.

Please don't be mad at me 😇

Question: why do you think Lucifer is declaring war? (No, its not because he is the king of Hell. There is another reason)

Lxrxib