Chapter Forty-two: The War

Diligence came up next to me, grinning at my newly found power. She pointed into the distance, beckoning me with her hand. I followed her. It's like in movies; lean left fly left, lean right fly right. I followed Diligence, watching her release arrows at demon soliders down below. I decided to do the same, however; most of my arrows were fruitless. My aim still isn't the best thing in the world but it's pretty good, comparing it to "mortals".

We flew until I saw fire. Fire? What in the world? Oh no...

Wrath.

I could make out the source of the fire, the hands of Wrath. I saw Patience trying to stop Wrath using her ability to put out the fire Wrath was conjuring. Each of the sins were fighting their virtue, except Sloth, who looked like he wanted to take a nap. I let out a breathy laugh. Diligence landed in the heat of the battle, knocking Wrath down, temporarily putting out the fire.

I have to stop this.

I landed in front of Wrath. He blinked and stared at me for a few seconds before he lunged at me, trying to attack me. My heart leaped in fear and sadness, but Patience came to my aid. She contained his powers but I could tell Wrath was stronger. They needed the Probus. They needed me. I looked around for my mother but she wasn't there. Great going mum. Such a help!

I tried to do something, I've read every encyclopedia about the Sins. Gosh I sound just like Joshua. I looked around, each virtue fought their counterpart. I just stood in the middle of it all.

My mouth opened before I could even  think against it, "stop!"

Everyone looked at me. I felt stupid for yelling that. I suppose this would be a good time to give an emotional speech, that would snap the Sins out of their trance. I looked at Wrath, my heart pounding. I walked over to Wrath, in the midst of all the chaos, and stood in front of him.

"Wrath, please you have to snap out of it. Look around you! Is this really what you want?" And at that, Wrath looked around at the destruction around him, "Wrath you told me that you didn't want to be like your Father, that you hated him, yet you're allowing him to control you like this? Remember the day we met, I opened my heart to you, and you did the same. You hate Lucifer. So please, please if you ever felt any emotion besides anger towards me, you'll stop this! I- I don't want to be my mother; she pushed love out of her life for power. I don't want that! I want my life to be filled with love because love is power and my mother didn't realise that. It's not to late Wrath and even if it is, I just want to let you know that...that I love you. More than anything else. I don't hate you for what you're doing today, it's not your fault. But if I die here tonight, trying to stop you, know that I love you and I forgive you for everything."

His red, cold eyes slowly faded into the warm eyes he has. Tears began to pour out of his eyes as he broke into a sad smile, "Maia," he croaked.

I laughed, allowing my tears of fall. I started to walk towards him, when there was an explosion of colour next to me. Wrath's eyes immediately went back to his cold stare, confirming that he was -once again- under the control of the Malum. My head snapped in the direction of the explosion, anger swarming through my body, only to be extinguished when I saw my mother's face.

Great now she comes! Just when I don't want her; she shows up! Perfect timing!

"What was that?" I yelled, "I snapped him out!" However, my yelling was fruitless because my mother couldn't even hear me. Wrath began shooting fire out of his hands, towards my mother. She managed to dodge the flames, while Patience contained the fire.

"Maia, get out of here!" My mother yelled.

"What? No way!" I replied, dodging the flames all around me.

"Maia please, you have to leave before he c-" my mother couldn't finish her sentence.

"Maia, don't leave. You'll miss all the fun," said a voice, seductively. All heads turned towards the figure in the distance. Black robe, black hair, black eyes, gorgeous skin, holding a black chalice in his hands.

Lucifer.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Authors Note:

Sorry that this chapter is so short. My brain can't think of words anymore. I'll try updating soon.

Lxrxib.