Chapter Forty-nine: The Ceremony.

I dreamt that I was back home, with Wrath. My mother was living with me, making pancakes while I helped with the dishes. Wrath had taken out the trash. A normal life. I laughed; my life is nothing but normal, but then normal is so boring.

I was woken up by Wrath shaking me. I opened my eyes to see Wrath's beautiful smile. Now that's a view I want to wake up to everyday.

"The virtues were looking for you," he mumbled, "even though I didn't want to let you go."

I giggled, propping myself up on my elbows, yawning and stretching, "I'll go freshen up. I'll see you...?"

"Tomorrow," he completed.

"Tomorrow," I repeated, smiling.

The virtues called me to try on the armour which fit perfectly. I didn't bring up the topic of dating Wrath because they didn't have a choice. I was going to see him whether or not they allowed me to.

***

The day of the ceremony rolled around extremely quickly. Within a matter of minutes, I was dressed in my armour, waiting for the guards to signal me, allowing me to enter the room. Time dilated, passing at a snails pace. I paced in front of the ceremonial room, the cold steel armour pressing into my skin, making me shiver.

"Miss Cohen, you may enter now," the guard informed.

I took a deep breath, looking at the corridor. This is my last chance to run away. I shook the thought out of my head. I marched into the room, all eyes staring at me. This ceremonial room was different because it was huge and outdoors. Sunlight casted a golden glow into the room, reflecting off my armour. I placed my hand over the engraved words love does not discriminate. In front of the hall, right opposite the stage was the Virtues and the Sins. I smiled at them, taking my place on the stage. In front of me, on a platter was a knife and a bowl of...water?

I held the knife against my palm, pushing it down. A sharp pain shot through my arm. I forced my tears to stay in my eyes. I didn't want to cry in front of everyone. I let a drop of my blood fall into the water, which started to swirl and turn into gold.

Why is everything gold?

Applause filled the room, drowning me in sounds of approval. Once the clapping died off, I walked over to the podium, looking at Wrath, who smiled encouragingly.

"Good morning, everyone. I was told that I should prepare a speech but...I really don't know what I want to...say."

Silence.

I gulped, "ummm," I exhaled, "for quite sometime, after the Virtues proposed this offer, I didn't think I was worthy of this position. There are so many of you out there who are more braver, more stronger, more experienced then me. The only thing I had in my favour was that I was a Cohen, that's all. I thought that I could never be like my mother, never be as strong as her, never be as good as her, never be the leader she was. I believed that until someone really special to me told me that I didn't have to be like my mother, I have to be like myself, only then can I be a good leader."

I looked at Wrath, who was smiling widely, "my mother fell in love with a man she could never have. She made the mistake of leaving him for this position. I guess even leaders make mistakes. The one thing I learnt in my life is that love conquers all. I don't want to make this mistake, I fell for a man I can't have but I will fight for this love. I'm being myself. I'm not trying to be like my mother, even though she was better than me in so many ways."

My eyes began to water, tears threatening to spill, "I hope that I can fill the shoes left for me and be the leader you all want me to be. I will fight for you, whenever needed, and I will fight for love because love doesn't discriminate. I've never seen my mother as a leader for as long as you but I have lived on Earth for my whole life and I've seen small leaders come and go, picking up little details that I believe is the doing of a great leader, so I'll just be copying. But experience is the best teacher, so I shall learn and become better. Today I promise you, I will learn and grow to be the leader you all deserve, but if I make mistakes or break rules," my eyes flicked over to Wrath, "then I hope you'll look past that and forgive me. Thank you."

Cheers and shouts filled the hall, surrounding me, uplifting me. I did it! I really did it! I got off the stage, while everyone left the hall for a big feast, when I grabbed Wrath's arm, pulling him into a corridor far from the crowd.

"So when am I going to get that congratulations gift?" I purred.

"How about right now?" he smirked.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Authors Note:

HEHEHEHEHE I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER! 

Comment down ship names for Wrath and Maia.

Lxrxib.