Chapter Fifteen: The Dream.

Wrath...

I suddenly jolted awake, panting hard, forcing the air into my lungs. My brain ached as if someone pushed this memory in my head. A small part of my head throbbed, causing immense pain in my head. I checked the time, it was only two in the morning. Every time I closed my eyes I saw Wrath being tortured, so I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep. I got my computer and opened a familiar file and I began to type.

Hey Mum,

It's Maia, again...I miss you like crazy right now. I don't know why I'm writing to you but I feel like you are the only person I have to talk to and you aren't even alive. Sometimes I feel so trapped, you know? I met these guys recently, the seven deadly sins...yeah they exist. I know you and you kept on making fun of them and how they don't exist, but they do, I've seen them work. Also, Joshua and I are together now! Shocking right? I never thought he would like me... I don't know if I'm happy now. Something feels wrong, I don't know...I love Joshua, don't get me wrong, but...my mind is conflicted between Joshua and someone else and I don't know what to do. I really wish you were here so you could help me. I love you Mum, more than anyone or anything I can imagine. I'm sorry for giving you a hard time as a child. I'm sorry. I miss you and I love you.

Maia

I closed my laptop, saving it along with my 629 other unsent messages to my mum of things I wish i could have said to her directly and things I wish I said.

My eyes began to burn so I decided I should probably go to sleep.

***

"Wake up!" Lust yelled, "wake up sleepy head."

I felt someone violently shake me, so, instinctively, I jolted awake. Lust grinned at me and beckoned me to follow. I got up, did my morning routine and made my way downstairs. Gluttony "made" pancakes and Joshua sat on the couch, stuffing his face with blueberry pancakes. I greeted everyone and chose a chocolate chip pancake. I sat next to Wrath, who grinned, while he ate strawberry pancakes. I couldn't look at him but every time I did, I saw that young boy, trapped in a cage, waiting for someone to let him out. 

"if you want to make it to the airport, we better leave now!" Joshua announced.

Everyone got cleaned up and we made our way into the subway. We reached the airport in about fifteen minutes and boarded our flight.

"Good morning, Ladies and Gentlemen. Thank you for choosing Hawaiian Airlines, I am your air hostess, Jane Baker, and our pilot for today is Brian McAllen," the woman over the PA informed, "our flight is a non-stop flight from New York to Hawaii and the duration, hopefully, will be around twelve hours. I hope you enjoy your flight and choose Hawaiian Airlines once again."

I took a deep breath in and checked the boys. Gluttony, Envy and Pride were talking and playing a game. Greed and Sloth were sleeping. Joshua was searching for movies. Lust was reading a book and Wrath was just sitting, looking out the window. I decided to listen to some music so I fished around for my phone. When I was unable to find it, I had a mini heart attack.