Chapter Four: The Past.

Suddenly, Envy began to clutch his heart and scream in pain. My instant thought was a heart attack, but then the rest began to mimic his action. Each of them began to scream as they held on to their hearts. Black liquid began to spill from their mouths as they screamed.

I've read in mythology books that demons from Hell have black blood or Ichor. I began to panic as their screams intensified. One by one they began to pass out. I ran towards them, even though I knew them for a day and they threatened me. Yet, something in me felt obligated to help them.

Holding onto them, I heard a voice in my head say: "they are fine. They are temporarily taken to Hell to have a conversation with Lucifer." The voice was like a deep rumble in my head, it was almost like I knew that voice. I shook it off and I wiped the blood off of their mouths.

After an hour had passed, I began to feel restless. I mean I could run away and not be forced into helping them, but something in me told me that they'll find me and do something way worse. I took the opportunity to do my research on them. I got my laptop to the lounge so I could be with them as I searched information on the seven deadly sins. Reading through about five websites, I began to have questions. After finishing the eight website, I saw someone shuffle. Slamming my laptop shut, I checked on each one of them.

Greed was the first to wake up. He looked at me with a yellow shine in his eyes. He looked like he was in immense pain, yet his powers seeped into me. I felt the greed hit my heart and my body began to respond. Looking at him, I realised my want for him. I walked over to him and my hands began to roam his chest. He looked at me with confusion as my desire got the best of me.

"What do you really want, Maia?" He asked, so suddenly, "me or my power?"

The question startled me, "I want you-your power," I corrected myself.

He grinned and the yellow died from his eyes. However, I still felt greedy. I still wanted something, but I just couldn't pinpoint what.

The next to wake was Wrath. He woke up screaming and he punched my wall. A small crack formed where he punched the wall. He looked at me with red eyes and anger began to build in me. I ran and slapped him across the face as I yelled: "What the hell is your problem?! You nearly killed my best friend, who happens to be the only family I have! And now you cracked my wall! But the cherry on top is that you are forcing me to help you do something that you don't even know!" Before I could slap him again, he caught my wrist and stared into my eyes. The red glow faded and so did my anger. I felt my face getting hot as the distance between us wasn't that much. I yanked my wrist from his grasp and walked away from him.

Soon, all the seven sins had woken up. I left them on their own so they could talk to each other about what had just happened. I went into the kitchen and decided to make them some hot chocolate because everyone loves hot chocolate!

I brought the tray into the room and gave them all a mug.

"What's this?" Gluttony asked.

"Hot chocolate," I replied.

They all began to drink it and their fascination grew. It shocked me that they have never tried hot chocolate before.

"I have a few questions for you guys," I told them.

"Shoot," someone replied.

"Do you guys have tattoos? Like those viking things?"

"Runes," Lust corrected, "and yes we do. Each one of us has a specific rune that glows red when we want to increase our power and glows golden when we want to reduce our power."

"C-can I see?" I asked curiously.

"Love, if you want to see me naked, all you have to do is ask," Lust commented.