the boys next door part 5

i sat in the chair while the doctor scanned though his results.

"um your blood test came though this morning, and im so sorry" my hole body froze and luke looked angry.

" what what has she got"Luke demanded

"um she has cancer in her kidneys" i froze,no not me. Luke had tears in his eyes but i was to shocked to cry.i started shaking and Luke grabbed my hand

"there must be a mistake shes healthy goes on runs she cant doctor"

"i wish i was telling a lie "he said and flipped though his note pad.

"how long do i have"i choked out and tears build in my eyes.

" we must act quickly and find a kidney for you and you should be fine but we will know if its long term after a couple of mouths."Luke was now crying and so was i.i am basically going to die, from the inside out.

LUKES POV

no not Rachel,why not me.i froze as tears built my eyes. i cant lose her.

" take my kidneys take all of then doc just save her"i  shouted and the doctor passed Rachel some pills

"these are drugs that kill cancer cells"he said and i looked at the bottle. it said chemotherapy on it.

" doc take my kidney save her"i said again.

"are you sure you want to do that at such"

"yes"i cut off

"okay we need blood test to check that you are a match and then we can think about what happens next"he said and smiled.i don't know why he is smiling, she was just told she has fucking cancer.

RACHELS POV

i started crying and said something i thought i would never say

"i need mum"i said to Luke and he hugged me.

"you can go home just not much activity and have these three time  a Day. if anything happens call the hospital not here"

"why cant you take her to the hospital and help her now" Luke shouted and i grabbed his hand

"she is stable at the moment and we have not found a kidney yet"

"yes you have mine take my kidney,please doc i cant live with out her"Luke said and tears rolled down his face.

"okay we will take the blood tests and see what they come out with but this could take a while."a while time is my enemy here, i don't know how long i have left and he wont tell me.the doctor talked to Luke about the blood test and Luke got his blood taken and they said it will take 3 weeks at the most.i think i can hold on for that long.i don't feel weak just shit.

"Luke i love you"i said as we got in the car.

"i keep hoping this is a dream, i love you to"he said and drove me home to my mum.i ran up to her and hugged her and she awkwardly put her hands around me.i showed her the pills and told her what the doctors have said and i saw tears in her eyes

"mum its okay to cry"i said as she held back the tears.

"no Rachel i must be strong for you,and i want to say I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm such a uptight mum,i love you and your friends and I'm sorry" i tear rolled down her check and she wipped it away.

"ill call dad and we can have a family meeting"she said and i nodded.

"I'm going to sleep, sleep kills cancer"i said to Luke and we went up straits.

"i still love you even if your hair falls out and your in a hospital bed,i will still love you"he said and i kissed him.

"i need to tell the boys"i said and Luke nodded.

"but sleep now i will wake you in a hour"he said and rapped his arms around my waist.i wanted to cry.to sit here for ever until i died.i don't want people being really sympathetic over me.i have not done much with my life so I'm going to wright a bucket list,and do crazy stuff now unlit i cant do it anymore.i need to stay healthy so no more drinking and lots of fruit.

the pills helped alot i slept for a hole hour and was not woken up.it was lunch time and i walked down stairs and my brother ran up t me crying

"Rachel"he said as he hugged me.i sat at the table and  Luke sat next to me.

"now that Luke is my boyfriend i want you to except him in to the family, he has helped me though so much and he needs to be a part of the family now mum"i said and he smiled

"okay"she said and Luke smiled at her.

"also don't be sympathetic, i can do stuff on my own still like making food you don't need to waiter on me"i said and everyone nodded.

"also I'm going to wright a bucket list and do as much of it as i can,until"i lump formed in my throat just  thinking about it "until i cant do it anymore"i said and mum took my hand

dad came though the door with red puffy eyes and hugged me.

"my poor baby i love you"he said and i smiled

" i love you and ill be fine:i said and we all sat down

"Luke has offered to give me his kidney if we have the same blood type"i said and my mum smiled

"thank you, for doing this for her"mum said and held his hand. i felt like this was the family i wanted. they like my friends and are sitting her not shouting at each other.

"i need to go tell beau and jai"i said and they all nodded and my brother cried in to my dads shoulder.i walked out the house and Luke nudged me

"I'm going to treat you like normal,like none of this ever happened okay,i still love you"he said and i nudged him back,i don't know how beau is going to react.i have known his since i was a baby, he probably held me more than my mum did.

we got to the door and beau opened it and smiled.

"sup bitch how was the doctors." he looked at Luke who had tears in his eyes and back at me and then looked concerned.

"Rachel what happened" he said and he let me in the.house.he got jai and the other two to come down stairs and we stood in the kitchen.i was just about to tell then when there mum walked in with bags of shopping.Luke ran up to her and helped her with the bags and she walked over to us to see me crying and hugged me

"Rachel whats the matter"she said and we all sat in the sitting room on the floor in a circle.i had Luke on one side of me and beau on the other.

"i went to the doctor with Luke this morning"i said and i held back the tears."he took my blood and said that i " a tear rolled down my face and beau was already crying"i have cancer in my kidneys and they don't know how long i have i just need a kidney well a new one and i have to take pills to kill the cancer cells but i don't know how long i have"i said and the tears started rolling down my face.

beau rapped his arms around me and kissed my head."you can have my kidneys"jai said and i laughed.

"yer your brother has given a blood test to see if i can have a kidney from him"i said and wiped away the tears.there mum hugged me and kissed my head

"youll pull though kido your a strong bugger" she said and i laughed. jai hugged me and kissed my cheak"rachle i love you very much and i want to spend as much time with you as posable."he sai dand i smiled

"also im wrighting a bucket list we can do while i stilll can buti dont want you to all be simpathetic"i said and saw skip ballling his eyes out

"i dont like fucking crying"he saidand hwe all laughed.i hugged him and we all stood up.

"okay i love you all and im going to go and sleep but ill see you tommorrowo so we can start the bucket list and just act like evrythings normal"i said and they all nodded.i kissed luke and walked home.i sat in bed wrighting my bucket list.i did not want it to be long buti wanted to do so much.i sat there for about an hourwrighing it and i fell asleep withthe peace of paper in my hand.