Day 26

"What the actual fuck."

Liam has been stirring uncomfortably for five or so minutes and it's honestly annoying Louis.

"Jesus, Liam. Why won't you just say it." Louis grumbles around a mouthful of food, wiping the jelly from the sides of his mouth. Liam just keeps fiddling with his fingers, staring down at the floor while he's sat at the end of Louis' bed. Louis' nervous to hear what Liam's got to say but this suspense is killing him.

Louis finishes up the food in his mouth and is about to speak but Liam's quick to talk all of a sudden.

"It's Daniel." Is all he says to make Louis' head spin a bit. He stares at the wall, sure that Liam will continue. Daniel? Fuck, there's so many things it could be about. Is he in trouble? Is he dead? Does he want to get back together? Oh no, that's the thought that Louis could stand the least. Him wanting to get back together is the last thing Louis needs in his life right now.

"He came to my house again demanding to see you. He took me so off guard I almost called the cops. He just wouldn't stop telling me I needed to get you to see him. Had to tell him I haven't seen you all week." Liam's now facing Louis but Louis still stares at the wall.

"What the fuck.." Louis curses under his breath, "What the fucking fuck? What the actual fuck?" He repeats, his voice increasing by the second. "Are you kidding me?"

"He said he needs to see you. I tried to get him to leave, to tell him to fuck off or something but he said he'll come back everyday until you agree to see him."

"Fucking Dan." Louis grumbles under his breath and looks over at Liam, his face obviously angry. Liam shrugs a bit and settles a hand on Louis' shoulder.

"Well you're not going to see him, right? I mean, remember all the shit he did to you. He fucked you up for a good six months after you two broke up. Not to mention all the shit he put you through when you were together." Liam is visibly becoming angry himself but Louis is shaking his head, hoping his best friend can understand what he's about to say.

"I know Liam, but I'm better now. I can't see myself falling for his bullshit again. Not unless he's completely changed as a person."

Liam sighs, squeezing Louis shoulder with a small smile. "I'm just looking out for you Lou. You can't let him mess up your life. Not again."

"Liam. I promise you he won't get to me. I'm older and more sound now, and I'm not in love with him anymore so he doesn't have anything over me." Liam gives a small smile and looks into Louis' eyes, seeing how he's trying to believe what he says himself.

"Alright, Lou. But if anything goes south you call me and I'll come to kick arse."

Louis offers a wide smile at Liam's protectiveness. He was so lucky to have a friend like Liam, always looking out for him like an older brother.

"I'll have my thumb over your name, just waiting for it. Now, I really do think I should meet him. Can you tell him the next time he comes by to meet me at the coffee shop downtown? And you can text me when he's on his way."

Liam is so reluctant but of course he trust Louis right now. With that, Louis is walking his friend to the front door, hugging him tight and promising not to stress over this.

The door shuts and Louis lets out a deep and heavy sigh, not believing that he was going to see Daniel again. He's not sure he was ready, but he was sure he was going to do it. He needed to talk to someone and get his mind off of things. Quickly, Louis' going to pick up his phone and looking for notifications. He sees Harry texted him a picture of Poppy, Gemma's dog, and decided that he's the least connected to this problem, so maybe they can chat about everything else.

-smolinson_x