Day 35

"Fall? Like in... love?"

Of course they weren't leaving. Liam and Louis had just arrived at the mall an hour before Harry rang. Now they're laying low and Louis is cautious of every store he goes to as to not run into Harry. Liam thinks it's stupid but- Louis' stupid, in a loveable way. Plus with everything with Daniel, he can allow Louis to take a mental week and do whatever he wants.

Right now though, they're sat at a table, Liam's hoodie on Louis' frame, hood on and cinched up tight. Liam is laughing through the phone as he explains the situation to his boyfriend. And Louis leaves to get in line for some food, punching his best friend on the way out.

"No seriously. It's stupid but it's Louis. He's making me fucking crouch around and go out of doors before him to see if I see Harry anywhere. Even told me if I get caught that I tell him we're not hanging out together."

Zayn's laughing loudly on the other end.

"Oh Louis. Dramatic is he. Well i'll let you get back on duty, babe. I love you."

Liam melts at those words. No matter how many times they're said, when they come off of Zayn's lips and crash into Liam's ears, they melt straight to his heart and send Liam falling deeper for his boy.

"Love you more, baby."

Call Ended

Louis comes back to their table, two trays of food settled right on top just as Liam tucks away his phone.

"Ah thanks Lou, you're the best."

The lad just sends a smile as he takes his seat. As the two begin eating, the blue-eyed boy sees a mess of curls that he recognises.

"Oh- shit. I see Harry."

━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

Harry shakes his curls and ruffles them up since he just took off his hood. Niall, his friend, watches him with a smile. He's been noticing Harry's been a little down today but every time he asks he just gets shut down. Maybe it has to do with Zayn's friend, Louis. He knows a bit about the situation but he's been keeping it between him and Zayn for a while now.

"Harry. Can't you just tell me what's going on? Come on, i'm your best friend."

"What? Niall, i've told you it's nothing. Just got some things on my mind. It's nothing bad."

Niall extends his arms for Harry, who rolls his eyes but shifts in for a hug anyways. They sit like that for their remainder of the time, letting Harry feel a little more secure and less stressed.

"It's a boy."

"What? Who?"

"Eh, Zayn's boyfriend's best friend."

"Oh. That's why you've been keeping it from me?"

"What? Keeping it from you? I tell you about him."

"Barely."

"Well, i've said something obviously."

"Yeah, but I wanna be there for you and you don't let me."

Harry looks up at Niall, offering a smile.

"You're such a good friend."

"Hm, I know."

Harry sighs.

"Well, now there's nothing to know. I like him, but he doesn't like me."

"Aw, Harry. That's got to be tough."

"It is, it really is. And he refuses to meet me. I think it's because he knows I like him and he doesn't want to let me down in person. He's always saying small little things to try and have me take a hint but, I don't know. I just continue to fall for him."

"Fall? Like in... love?"

Harry's blushing and looking away from Niall with a stifled smile and his lower lip between his teeth. After a moment he nods.

"Not like, serious love. Just- deeper than an infatuation. I just see him for who he is and how he wants to be seen, and I kinda like it."

Niall takes a hold of Harry's face in his hands and places two pecks onto his cheeks.

"How about we go to my house and talk all about him."

Harry blushes and turns away from Niall.

"Fine."

As he stands and cleans off his table, he looks around for a trash can, he can swear he spots Louis at a table across the room from him. But before he can get a good look the lad is turning around.

-smolinson_x