Day 47

"Oops. Hi."

Louis truly cannot believe it. Standing here, outside his apartment. A certain curly haired, green-eyed, stunning beauty named Harry. Here. This is not really happening- is it?

And wait- why is he out here

"Harry? What are you doing here?"

The younger lad awkwardly shuffles his feet around in the gravel and blushes.

"Um. You know. Fuck waiting, right?"

"Harry-"

Louis breathes out, his heart beating quickly.

"...you just said fuck."

Harry laughs the most melodic laugh Louis' ever heard and he looks at him with dimples in both cheeks.

"I know what I said. Just- I was going to surprise you at your door but i'm a tad bit too slow."

"No- no. Um, do you want to come in?"

"Oh, I don't want to impose. I'm perfectly fine waiting out-"

"Harry, come in. Please. You drove all this way, so just come in."

"Fine. But you said so."

Louis walks his way back up to his door and opens it up for Harry. He's just recently cleaned it- well Liam did- so he's not embarrassed about any mess. It's far cleaner than it was before.

He closes his front door and leads Harry to the couch, turning the lights back on before settling next to him. Harry's hands are anxiously gripping and twisting his jeans, so Louis just places his hands over his and smiles soft.

"Why did you drive out here. How did you even know where I lived?"

"Ah, Zayn. He told me. I just wanted to talk to you. To see you. I just wanted us to be a bit closer."

"Baby, you didn't have to do this."

Harry's heart flutters and his grips Louis' hands, scared of letting go. He knows this moment, this feeling, it's all fleeting. But if he doesn't do this now, he'll never know. Or just keep living with what-ifs. Louis notices and rubs his thumb over the back of Harry's hands.

"Talk to me, tell me what's on your mind."

"Well no. I want you to talk to me. I don't like how much you've been closing me off lately. I can't take it. You're the best thing in my life and for that, I want to be there for you all the time. But you keep closing me off."

"Babe- it's just complicated. It's school, it's work, it's relationships... It's even you."

"Me?"

"Yeah.."

"Why me?"

"Not in a bad way, love. Just, you in general."

"Well, babe. I'm here to listen so just tell me how I can help."

Louis gazes, deeply into Harry's eyes, and with that he can tell that the boy means perfectly well. He's as innocent as can be and Louis just let his distrust get in the way. But it hurts more that Louis would rather be romantically involved and Harry is just- Harry. Friendly to all. But he makes Louis feel so special.