6

"Annie. Can you come down here for a minute?" My mother yelled from the living room. A while ago, my parents had bought the apartment above ours and put a staircase in, making our apartment 2 floors. A lot of the apartments in our building were like that.

I had literally just turned my alarm off, so I huffed, put my phone back on my nightstand, literally rolled out of bed, and proceeded down the staircase.

"What's up mom?" I asked as I finished on the last stair.
She didn't reply, and when I looked up, I saw Jack...standing in my living room...and I looked like shit.

"You could've brushed your hair Annie." My mother said sarcastically.

"My bad. Didn't know we had company at 7am. I'll do better next time" I sarcastically said back.

"Hi." Jack said

"Hello. How'd you know where I live?" I asked

"Your doorman is a very nice man." Jack replied.

I guess anybody that wants to come up just has to flirt with Jeffrey a little.
I've only ever talked to Jack twice, so I started to get red.

"Well what are you doing here then? I left your scarf with Jeffrey."

"Yeah, but you didn't leave your number with Jeffrey." he said to me.

"I don't tend to leave my number with our doorman for cute boys to just get if they walk in." I replied. Did I just call him cute to his face?
I looked over and he had a blushing smile on his face.

"So I figured I would come up here and get it myself." He said pulling out his phone.

"What makes you think I want to give you my number?" His face turned to a cute puppy dog sad face, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"I'm heading to work Annie. I'll be home for dinner tonight, so don't make plans. We're going out!" My dad said as he kissed my forehead before walking out the door. "Nice to meet you......"
"Jack" He replied, shaking my fathers hand.

I had only ever introduced one boy to my parents. His name was Matt and we dated for 4 years. I didn't technically introduce Jack to my parents, they introduced themselves.

"So, uh, I'm gonna go then." Jack said, turning towards the door looking defeated.

"917-855-0121"

"What?" Jack said turning around.

"That's my number. You asked for my number didn't you?"

"One more time he said." Pulling out his phone.

Jack left and I headed into the kitchen to grab my breakfast, and coffee before heading upstairs to get ready for class.
"He was cute. Who is he?" my mom said as she handed me a bowl.

"Just a guy I met at the museum yesterday." I sort of lied.

I ran up to my room to start getting ready. Today started finals week, so I didn't really care what I looked like. I threw on a light coating of makeup, took my hair down, threw some dry shampoo up in that mess, and put on an oversized sweater, leggings, and some boots.

I took 2 classes over the winter break, because I want to graduate early. Just so happens that both of the finals are on the same day, so there goes my day. I decided to be lazy and call an Uber today as I didn't want to walk in the freezing ran. Been there, done that...fallen flat on my face before.