23

They couldn't check into their hotel until 3, so I brought them back to the apartment. We ordered some food from UberEats and just hung out.

My mom came home around 2 like she normally does. The boys were getting ready to call their Uber to their hotel when mom sparked up what felt like a 4 hour conversation with them in the kitchen. Joey and I just sat on the couch futzing around with Snapchat filters as we usually do.

"Well what are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?" My mom asked.

"We're going to UberEats a thanksgiving meal to our room! Getting crazy over here" Johnson responded.

"Well why don't you guys come here. We're having some people over. We have plenty of food."

I whipped my head around so quick looking at her giving her the "What are you doing" look, shaking my head at her.

"What?" She said looking at me.
Ok mom just give it away that I was doing something. Idiot.

"No. That's ok. We can't impose on your holiday." Jack said to my mom.

"Stop. You're not imposing at all. I can finally repay you for letting Annie basically die at your house." My mother insisted. "Dinner is at 3."

"I guess we have no choice." Johnson said to Jack shrugging his shoulders.

I didn't want him at Thanksgiving. I have cousins that basically live on YouTube and Instagram and I'm pretty sure I've heard them talk about viners before. I didn't want anyone asking any questions.

"Joey, you know you're always invited too." She yelled.

"Thanks Mrs. Tabler but I don't think my mother would understand why I wasn't at our thanksgiving dinner. But I'll be by for dessert!" He responded.

Joey and my mom had such a great relationship. I think she thinks of him as the son she never had, which doesn't make sense because he's basically my sister.

Joey and I walked the guys out to their Uber because we were on our way to the store to get some last minute things for dinner.

"I guess I'll see you Thursday." Jack said as the Uber pulled up.

"Don't feel obligated to come just cause she cornered you." I said.

"Do you not want me to come?" He asked.

"I don't care. That's up to you." I replied.

They got in the car and pulled away. Joey and I headed up to the market. It was a 2 block walk, but it was extra cold today, so it felt like 8 blocks.

From: Jack
"Are you ok?"

To: Jack
"I'm fine. Why?" I really was fine.

From: Jack
"You seemed a little annoyed and pissy back there."

To: Jack
"I'm tired and I don't want you to feel obligated to come. I'm also afraid that my cousins will post about you being there."

From: Jack
"Just tell her not to post anything if that's what's bothering you. It's not that big of a deal."

He never thinks anything is a big deal. I mean I guess I could have my mom preset my aunt to tell them so they aren't too shocked.

To say I was dreading Thanksgiving this year was an understatement. How was I supposed to hide the fact that I liked Jack in front of all of my family. He's so flirtatious and I'm almost positive I blush when he just walks in the room.

I was laying in bed putting a face mask on when my phone rang. It was a FaceTime call from Jack.

"Hey what's up?"

"I was just calling to see your beautiful face. I guess I called at the perfect time" he smirked.

"Well lucky you!" I smiled back.

"What should I bring Thursday?" He asked.

"Nothing. Just yourselves. We have everything." I said back.

We kept talking about nonsense for like 2 hours. It was nice to just talk. We haven't done that in a while. Sure we text frequently, but it never lasts long.

"I just want to kiss your whole face right now" He said as we were just sitting in silence looking at each other.

"Come do it then." I said.

"You come here. Your parents are home."

"Yeah, well isn't Johnson there?"

"Yeah but he can go somewhere else."

"Ugh I don't want to move!" I said groaning.

"Too bad. I already called you an Uber. He'll be there in 6 minutes."

I shot out of bed and ran to the bathroom to freshen up. Ideally I would've like to shower and do my makeup, but since I now have 5 minute, this is the best it's gonna get. He doesn't really care anyway, so why should I!

I walked downstairs. My parents were sitting on the couch.

"I'm going to Joeys to hangout. His fun uncle is in town!" I lied. I totally lied. Does Joey even have a fun uncle?