14

I walked down to the casino and started looking around. I didn't see him on any slot machines. I didn't see him at any of the bars. Where is he?

Then I found him at the craps table... surrounded by a bunch of gorgeous girls. I didn't want to approach him because maybe they were fans and I didn't want to start anything.

So I decided to text him. If he looked at it, he would see that I was right behind him.

To:Jack
"Jack please come here. I need to talk to you."

I saw him look at his watch (which gave him his texts), scroll down a little, and completely ignore it.

To:Jack
I saw you ignore that. Stop being stubborn, turn around and come talk to me

Again, he looks at his watch and ignores the text.

Screw this. I'm going back up stairs. Fuck him. I thought to myself as I headed for the elevator.

Joey, Ashley and I decided to order room service for dinner and just hangout in the room. We were all sunburned and exhausted from the night before. We were sitting in our robes, on my bed eating dinner when Joey asked...

"So....?"

"So what?" I replied.

"What's going on with you and Jack? One minute you guys are coming out of the same room and the next you couldn't give a shit where he is." Joey asked.

"Honestly...couldn't tell you. One minute things are great and we're making out...and ya know..." I said giving them a wink. "And the next minute he's storming out of here slamming doors. I'm over it...over the mind games over it all. I just want to go home."

They both just sat there eating their french fries looking at each other before looking at their plates.

"Well, he's the one that got you the cake last night, and arranged for the VIP booth. It wasn't your cousin." Joey informed me.

I sat there thinking about how nice that was...but then I snapped back into reality. I don't care that he did that, because the way things went down today showed who he really is. I started to wonder if I was just another girl that he found during his breakup to fool around with...again.

We all fell asleep in my bed that night, watching movies. It was nice to be with my best friends.

We got up and packed our suitcases. I grabbed the slip from under the door with the checkout information. My dad told me to put the room charges on his card. I picked up the slip to look at all of the charges. How did we spend $450 in two nights? 

We grabbed our bags and headed down to the front desk to pay the bill. As I walked up to the counter, I saw Jack, Jack, and Sammy out of the corner of my eye. I ignored them and continued up to the counter. I handed the woman behind the desk my checkout form and pulled out my wallet.

"Your bill is already taken care of." she said looking at me, handing me back the slip of paper.

"That's impossible. I haven't paid it yet." I replied very confused. "Who paid for it?"

"A Jack Gilinsky paid for it a couple of minutes ago." she told me.

"What?"

"I don't know ma'am, I just swipe the credit cards." she told me, clearly getting annoyed.

I turned towards the door to see Jack getting in a car. I didn't have time to go thank him, so I figured I would just text him.

To: Jack
"thanks"

I kept it short and to the point. I didn't want to start a huge conversation at all so I figured that would do.

I didn't want to, but I spent almost the whole 5 hour flight home looking at pictures we took this weekend and pictures that people took of us.

"You guys make a really cute couple." the random man sitting next to me said. I don't know why he was creeping over shoulder, but it was sweet.

"Thanks, but we're not a couple." I replied.

"Well, I've been married for 38 years and I still look at my wife with that look that young man is giving you in those photos. I don't look at other people like that." he said.

I put my phone away and tried to sleep for the last 30 minutes of the flight.

My dad was waiting for us when we got out of baggage claim. We dropped Joey and Ashley off at their apartments before heading back to ours.

"How was the trip?' he asked me.

I looked out the window. "It was great dad, thanks for all of it!" I lied...kind of. It was good, but it was also bad.

We got home, Jeffrey gave me a hug and wished me a happy birthday.  My dad carried my suitcase through the front door and...