29

I woke up to a few texts. One from Ashley, one from my cousin Rob and 2 from Jack. Ashley wanted to know who the cutie was in my snap. Rob wanted to know how drunk my mom was and if she was having a good time and Jack also wanted to know who the cutie was. He didn't use that word, I did!

I had a bit of a sunburn, so I decided to stay inside today. I felt like just vegging out.

From: Jack
Who's the dude?

To: Jack
Who's the girl?

From: Jack
So you're using that guy to get back at me?

To: Jack
No. I met him before I saw the pictures. Then when I saw them I figured there was nothing that was ever going to happen between us because you are the same guy everyone told me you were.

From: Jack
What does that mean? Same guy everyone told you I was?

To: Jack
A play boy Jack. I should've known you'd hook up with some girl in Miami. Goodbye.

From: Jack
This isn't over. Why am I the bad guy here. You clearly also hooked up with someone else. Maybe you're not as innocent and monogamous as you want people to believe you are.

To: Jack
Monogamous? We're not dating.

From: Jack
I'm not having this fight with you over text. I'll be there tomorrow and we can talk about it then.

To: Jack
Do not talk to me while you're here. I'm done with all of this. With you. Don't come anywhere near me when you get here.

From: Jack
Annie

I put my phone down and decided to take a nap. I spent an hour trying to fall asleep but all I could think about was the fight and how I felt like a terrible person for doing what I did to Mitch.

I decided to text Mitch and see if he wanted to take a walk. I wanted to tell him everything. The reason I hooked up with him. The reason I was ignoring him. He deserved better and I needed to be honest. Maybe he wouldn't mind. I hoped.

There was a knock at my door. It was Mitch.

"Are you ok?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I just want to be honest with you."

"About what?"

"I came here with my family and this guy I have been seeing and his family are coming tomorrow. That's why the first night at the bar, I was kind of distant. Then I saw some pictures of him online with some random girl in Miami and I figured we were over. So I hooked up with you. But then I liked you and wanted to get to know you. I figured if me and that guy were over, there was no reason I couldn't maybe like someone else."

"So you had sex with me just to get back at him?"

"No. I had no intention of him finding out."

"But he did. And he's coming here tomorrow?"

"Yeah."

"So he's gonna kick my ass?"

"No. I told him to come no where near me. I don't want to see him or speak to him."

"Why are you telling me this?" He asked me.

"Because I like you Mitch. But I also still like him and I know there's no way I can avoid him since he is staying at the same hotel, so I wanted you to know. I've had a lot of fun with you this trip..."

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. This is not a breakup. Don't get all but I think we should see other people. You're free to see whoever you want. I thought we were just having fun on vacation."

"So you're not mad?"

"God no. I mean I do like you. A lot. And I've had a lot of fun too, but you're young and you're still figuring out what you want, and I can't fault you for that. If we see each other around, we won't be strangers. If you want to hangout, text me. If you want to hang out with him, do it. If you need to take another walk, call me. I do leave in 2 days though so if you wanna "hang out hang out" again...let me know!!!"

I couldn't say anything. That was so not what I expected him to say. But I was very happy with it. I started crying and hugged him. He walked me back to my room and then left.

I decided to eat dinner with Joey in my room that night. I was dreading Jacks arrival tomorrow. Luckily, our building was full, so he would be staying in the other building. Thank baby Jesus.

The next morning came quick. We got up and went to get breakfast. I didn't know what time Jack's family was arriving, so I was on edge all day. My family decided to go on a snorkeling tour after breakfast. That took us off the island for a couple of hours. It was definitely an experience. I will never ever forget how badly
Joey freaked out when a fish would come near him. What'd he think was going to happen?

We got back, got changed, and made our way to dinner. There was this place on the beach not too far from our hotel that we have been eyeing all week. It's literally just tables and chairs on the beach. We sat down and looked at the menu. We ordered and started talking about what we were going to do tomorrow.

And that's where dinner got interesting.