43

To: Mitch
"Hey are you still in NY?"

From: Mitch
"Hey yeah. I leave tomorrow morning."

To: Mitch
"I came home early. Wanna grab dinner?"

From: Mitch
"I'm supposed to grab dinner with my coworkers."

To: Mitch
"Damn. Next time."

From: Mitch
"Nah...I'll get out of it. I eat with them every day. Send me your address and I'll pick you up at 6."

I almost replied "it's a date" but then I realized that it's not. Ugh I should not have done this. What was I thinking?

"I can't do this Joey."

"Do what? Get dinner with a friend?"

It was 2pm now and I still haven't heard from Jack or Ashley. It's 11am LA time and Jack doesn't sleep past 10, so he's definitely awake. How does he not notice? Well he's definitely going to notice in 3 days when he tries to get on a plane to come here just to find out his ticket has been cancelled. Since my dad booked the tickets, I had all of the information to cancel it. Oops.

I went home and took a nap hoping to wake up to a text from Jack. Nope. Nothing. This is so ridiculous I'm so mad.

I got ready for dinner. I decided I was going to look so good and take pictures so Jack can see what he CLEARLY wasn't missing.

My doorbell rang and it was Jeffrey. He said there was a nice young man waiting for me downstairs. I told him to let him up. A couple of minutes later my actual doorbell rang and it was Mitch. I think he's gotten cuter since I last saw him. I greet him with a hug as I close the door behind me. Mitch and I pulled up to the restaurant and he opened my door for me. Ugh what a gentleman.

He took me to a restaurant I had never heard of...and I live here. I guess there's much more of the city then I've seen. It was a French restaurant which isn't usually something I would go for, but today I did. It was one of those places that had 5 courses. Every course looked so delicate and perfect, I had to document it.

We had a really great dinner. I got to learn so much more about him then what I learned on vacation. He's such a chill guy and so normal. I miss the feeling of having a normal relationship. Simple and private. It's not like mine and Jack's relationship wasn't normal, but let's be honest...it wasn't normal.

I told him about everything that happened after I last saw him in Anguilla. It was weird that I could confide in him like this, and talk about this so openly with him and it wasn't awkward. We decided to share our desserts since I wanted to try his and he wanted to try mine.

We spent maybe 4 hours at the restaurant just
talking and laughing. It was a nice change of attitude. I knew I wasn't going to hook up with him and I didn't want to lead him on in that sense, so I had just planned to go home after dinner.

We walked out of the restaurant and there were a lot of girls waiting outside. They started taking pictures and asking where Jack was.

"How did you guys even know I was here?" I asked one girl who I totally recognize.

"Your Instagram story." She replied. I had forgotten that I made my Instagram public. They thought I was out with Jack, so they came hoping to meet him.

"Where's Jack?" another fan asked.

"He's in LA." I responded with I guess a little bit of attitude.

"Annie...come on" Mitch said as he opened the Uber door. I had to explain to him that they thought I was there with Jack and apologize for it. Then I realized...there's going to be pictures online of me and Mitch leaving the restaurant. Good. I'm glad. Finally a little pay back. I was going to be real petty during all of this.

We got back to my apartment, I gave Mitch a hug, a kiss on the cheek and said goodbye.

"Text me next time you're in NYC and we'll do this again!" I said as he got back in the car.

If I wasn't with Jack, I could see myself with someone like Mitch...maybe even Mitch himself. He's such a great guy. I actually really like him. Shit.

I got upstairs and my mom was waiting up for me. I'm usually really close with my mom, but this is just one thing I didn't want to talk about. So when and asked what was going on, I avoided it.

She went to bed and I went to get unready. I took my makeup off and washed my face. I sat down at my vanity and started applying my moisturizer when my phone rang.

It's about time.