33

You'd think that we would have spent the whole trip together, but we didn't actually. Before my family decided to invade Jack's family vacation, they had planned theirs. We both hung out with our family's a lot during the day and night, but managed to hangout every night..  if you know what I mean.

He slept in our room pretty much every night after the boat trip which was nice. I probably won't be sharing a bed with him any time soon since he lives in LA and I live in NY, so we took full advantage of that.

It was our last night here, so we all decided to have dinner together. My parents and Jack's parents got along so great. My parents had an earlier flight out than Joey and me because they had to get home and quickly change out their suitcases before they headed to upstate for a New Year's Eve business meeting party thing. I don't know what it is. They go every year. It's like a retreat.

The Gilinsky's flight left around the same time as ours. Molly was actually on our flight since she lives in NYC too. Jack and Laura were flying back to LA and his parents and grandparents were heading to Nebraska. I hadn't thought of how I was going to bring up New Year's Eve. This would be the first time since my last boyfriend that I actually had a boyfriend on New Years.

We were waiting in the Puerto Rican airport. Our gates were in the same hall so we sat together until time was getting close.

"What are you doing for New Years?" I asked Jack.

He looked up from his phone. "I think there's a party going on home."

Ok well he didn't invite me so I was just going to let it go. I'll hang out with Joey. He's been my New Year's kiss for the past 3 years anyway. Was I mad about it? Kind of. But I wasn't going to let it ruin my life.

It was 530 my plane was boarding in 10 minutes. Jack and I hugged for what felt like 30 minutes. It was only 2, but it felt so much longer. "I'll see you soon okay?" He said pulling out of the hug. "Babeeee don't cry." He said wiping the tear that had fallen from my eye. I don't know why I was crying. I've never cried when leaving him before. This time was different I guess. He gave me a kiss, followed by another tight hug and a kiss on the forehead, before I started to walk to my gate.

I was on the plane looking through the pictures that Joey had sent us of us from the trip. I found a really cute one where you couldn't see either of our faces. Just our heads from the back watching the sunset. I decided to put it on instagram. The first pic of us on my page. I captioned it, "I'll see you soon, okay?" I thought it was quirky and cute. Leave me alone.

I slept the rest of the way, which was only a 3.5 hour flight. We landed back in New York and we called an Uber back to my apartment. Joey went back to his house for the night leaving me all alone in my apartment. I hate being alone here, so I decided to FaceTime Jack. Well it didn't go through because his flight was much longer than mine, and he won't be landing for another hour or so. I decided to text him before I headed up to bed.

To: Jack
I'm home! Thank you for such an amazing trip. I had the best time ever. I hope your flight was good! Talk to you in the morning.

With that, I finished my water before crawling into bed. I had posted my picture 5 hours ago and it already had 54,872 likes. I had hoped no one had caught on, but the comments were flooded with people tagging Jack and commenting about how cute we were. There were also some weird ass comments.

"You better take care of him. He has our hearts and if you break his heart, you break our hearts." And "you'll never be Madison #jadisonforever" like great...I didn't want to be Madison. And #Jadisonisoverparty so see ya. I knew that dating Jack would come with hate, but I didn't think it would come this quickly. I'm not worried about it...for now.

I had been sleeping for maybe 3 hours when my phone rang. I rolled over, looked at it and saw that it was a FaceTime call from Jack. In my "I just woke up/I'm still sleeping voice" I answered it.

"Hiiii!" He said with a big smile.

"Hi!" I said back sounding a lot less enthused.

"Did I wake you up?" He asked

"Yeah it's 3am."

"Oh shit. I forgot you're 3 hours ahead." He said. I don't think I'll ever get used to the time difference. "Well I was calling to say goodnight and to see your beautiful face."

My room was pitch black, therefore, so was I. He couldn't see me, but it was still cute that he tried.

"Well I'm sorry for waking you up, go back to sleep. I'll call you in the morning."

"Goodnight." I hung up and rolled back over and fell right back asleep. I needed some catchup on sleep. I got barely any in Anguilla.

I woke up the next morning to a text from Joey.

From: Joey
What do we want for snacks for tonight? I'm going to the store, then I'll be over.

He sent that 4 hours ago, but I had slept until 1pm. I was a tired bitch. I woke up to texts from my parents and Jack, all concerned where I was. Did no one else need a couple extra hours of sleep?

I walked downstairs and was immediately greeted by Joey and Ashley sitting on my couch.

"Did my parents give you a key now or what?" I asked Joey.

"Actually, yeah they did. And Jeffrey is totally into me."

"Omg leave my doorman alone!" I said as I walked to the fridge to get some water and an apple. "So what are we doing tonight. Where are we going?"

"Well there's a party downtown in that building that overlooks the ball. I'm kind of seeing the guy that owns the bar...I can see if we can go there." Ashley said. Ashley is seeing like 4 different guys, so I doubt we'd have a problem seeing the ball drop from anywhere.

"I'm down." Joey and I both said.

"So, you and Jack are officially official now?" She asked.

"Yeah I guess...but we're kind of keeping it low key...so calm down."

"Well if we're going out, we better get ready. Can I shower here?" Joey said.

Ashley and I headed up to my room to start getting ready.